Chocolate



I know the last thing I need to be consuming is junk food. My stomach is rapidly expanding. So much so that when 1) Joe returned home after being away for four days last week, his first remark was how big my stomach had gotten while he was away; 2) when I met Kim at the movies on Wednesday, she commented on how much my stomach had grown since she had seen me on the previous Friday; 3) a certain maternity skirt no longer fits (I knew that day would come); and 4) I gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks!

So I made these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies anyway. I had been thinking about them for several days (and they don't use flour, which I need to buy). I couldn't find my semi-sweet chocolate chips, so I used milk chocolate. I think they turned out better! And they were quite irresistable, if I say so myself! (The recipe says it makes 4 1/2 dozen, which is not true. It made one sheet.)



And last night we had a chocolate fondue. Mason enjoyed dipping his giant strawberry in the melted chocolate. I was laughing at his chocolate "devil goatee." He can be a devil sometimes! (I think he had more chocolate smeared on his body than he consumed.)

Comments

laeroport said…
Priceless! That's one to show a future girl friend!
laura capello said…
Mmmm... chocolate. Nothing is wrong with chocolate.

And let's remember... your belly is expanding to accomidate a baby. Not a chronic chocolate habit.
christy said…
hey i want that recipe. your tummy is bigger b/c the baby is growing. i don't know why you worry so much about your weight. you are thin for some one so pregnant. and you always drop those pounds so fast after having the baby. it would be different if you looked fat even in the face like brittany spears! your body handles all these babies way better than most and you eat very healthy anyway. that's all that matters. so if you got the hunger, EAT!
colorfool said…
Those look yummy. I'm not much of a goatee person, but a chocolate goatee on a cutie like that, I'll take! 8-)
lera said…
Ingredients
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In small bowl, with wooden spoon, combine all ingredients except chips until blended. Stir in chocolate just until combined.
2. On ungreased baking sheets, using slightly rounded teaspoonfuls, drop dough 2 inches apart. (Do not flatten.)
3. Bake 9 minutes or until cookies are puffed and golden. (Cookies will be very soft.) On wire rack, place baking sheets and let stand 5 minutes. Remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair