Crocheting and Sewing! YES, Sewing!!




A little "lunch money purse" for Spenser. She loves it. When I sewed the button on, she said, "Ohhhhh. Ohhhhh. Ohhhhh." She puts it around her neck. Chews on it. Finally, a project she loves! It was very simple to crochet. I actually did it while sitting around the campfire.

It's baaaaaack!

My new sewing machine arrived Friday afternoon, right before we left for camping. I didn't have time to get it out until Monday night. I had to test it right away. Here I am embroidering some fabric for the drawstring party favor bags for Mason's birthday party on Saturday!

**

And a little creepy camping story. When we arrived at the cabin, Joe discovered that we had transported a live mouse in our camping stove box (which we keep in our chicken coop). I'm surprised it didn't try to escape after Joe carried the box from the chicken coop to the car (and it sat next to the car for a little bit until he loaded up everything!). Luckily for everyone (me!) that the mouse stayed in the box until we reached the cabin. I'm sure I would have jumped out of the moving car if it made it's way to the front of the car! I wonder if he was scared out of his mind traveling with 5 (noisy) kids, and a DVD player running for 35 minutes! Not to mention the time it took Joe to check us in at the campsite. I'm hoping he was a loner and didn't have a traveling companion!

Comments

laura capello said…
I read the words "live mouse" and started shiverring. Hope you're happy.

And yay! on the sewing machine coming home!
laeroport said…
Yea! New sewing machine! Yea! New sewing machine! Yea! New sewing machine!
Karyn said…
Ewwwwwwww...I hate mice. That would have really grossed me out, and then I would have laughed my head off. A new sewing machine? Lucky you! And it does embroidery?? Very very lucky you!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair