A Hungry Girl and A Scarf


Spenser, like her mother, has a hearty appetite. This girl can put away some food! Yet, she's very thin! At one point, the doctor was concerned because her weight had slipped from the 90th percentile (at birth) to around the 25th percentile (around a year old). They had even talked about her seeing a nutritionist! Even though she eats, and eats a lot, she is an active little thing. Crawling early. Walking early. Running from her 4 older brothers! Trying to keep up with her older brothers. Just imagine.

So last night I had briefly walked out of the kitchen while she was still eating. (She was eating for a full 30 minutes and even had seconds!) I heard a noise that sounded like her plate being tossed to the floor, so I hurried back in. She had tossed her plate, but not to the floor, in front of her and had grabbed Carter's leftovers and started chowing down!

Yeah, I wish her doctor could see this!!!

And here is the scarf that I started 1 1/2 weeks ago. I finished it this morning while Spenser was taking her bath. While I enjoyed making it, I'm also happy I'm finished. I like instant gratification and something that takes 1 1/2 weeks to complete is a little too long for me.

It was crocheted with ecru crochet thread (less than one spool), using size 2 steel hook. The final measurements were 2 3/4" wide x 81 1/4" long. I think it's the perfect length, although it could have been a little wider. I wanted something "summery" and feminine. I had seen a commercial with a girl wearing a summery scarf and dancing to the song You Spin Me Round (I think it may have been a Special K commercial). I liked her scarf and thought I needed one. Now I have one!

(Oh, and did I mention that yesterday I reached the 35-week mark of my pregnancy?)

Comments

laura capello said…
Toga! Toga!

And you totally don't look pregnant in that photo.

You need to share those gentics with me, Missy.
African Kelli said…
Jeez louise. 35 weeks and look how great you look!!
colorfool said…
I can't believe how GREAT you look! You are a knockout pregnant lady! I'm jealous. really.

I wish Keely shared Spenser's appetite! She really is adorable. Such a cute smile.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair