A Smock

Joe is out of town this week, so everything has been crazy and hectic. Last night, after all the kiddos were in bed, I decided I had to sew. I just needed some "me" time and time to think. (I always think and ponder things while I sew. It's very therapeutic for me.)

I have seen a lot of cute smocks around and have been wanting to make one for Spenser. This smock is actually adapted from a dress pattern, minus the sleeves and not sewn together in the back.I used bias tape around the neckline, armholes, hem, and for the two sets of ties. I would have liked to have used red bias tape, but when you start a project at 10:00 p.m., you have to use what you have.
This morning, I managed to convince Spenser to try it on for a photo. It's a little long, but she'll grow into it in no time. (And it will fit her for a long time.)

Comments

laura capello said…
she looks so little house on the prairie -- very cute!
Karyn said…
Sweet!!!! What a little cutie-pie!!
Anonymous said…
I hear you on the "use what you've got" at 10 p.m. But I think the smock is adorable.
I hope Joe gets home soon. :)
Sonja said…
It's adorable!
African Kelli said…
Ah! Good for you Lera. It is adorable and fits her so well.
And I hear you about the sewing time being therapeutic time!
Katie Jean said…
I agree that sewing is therapeutic. She's so cute and so is the smock.
Anonymous said…
Look at her little "I just woke up" face! Very cute. And I think that bias tape color is perfect.
Sarah and Jack said…
Man you are my superhero for dealing with a house full of kids with no husband! Just Jack and no husband and I ready for the crazy house. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair