Vintage Sheets

I feel like I hit the vintage-sheet jackpot. I love these. I can see the pink sheet as a dress ... And maybe the gold-striped one as a skirt ... The blue one in the middle?? Love that one. The colors are so vibrant. I don't know what that one will become. It might be a coveted, untouchable sheet for now.


And these ... well ... at least my taste is consistent. This was not the first time I bought sheets identical to these. One became a shirt and a dress. The other pajama/lounge bottoms. And the last one I used for Spenser's first birthday tea party.

Sadly, I had forgotten about the dress and thought the yellow sheet would make a cute dress. Then I remembered I had made that sheet into a cute dress. And I had my heart set upon wearing said cute dress to church on Sunday. But I couldn't find it. I wondered if I had convinced myself I had made the dress, and really hadn't. (Oh, old age is sneaking up on me quickly.) Well ... I found the dress. On Monday. In my closet. It was hanging up with my skirts and I just didn't see it.

That green sheet will be, once again, used for an upcoming tea party. For $2, it was in pristine shape. I don't love it, but it was the right price. And, in little doses, it works.

Comments

Evelyn said…
That bright blue one is awesome! I know what you mean about "untouchable", but I'm sure you'll find just the perfect project for it!
Anonymous said…
Ooo, you did hit the sheet jackpot! I love finding cool vintage sheets at the thrift store. You found some beauties~lucky lady.
lisa said…
I like the pink one!
Diane said…
Jackpot and Bingo! These are great finds. Looking forward to seeing what the "untouchable" becomes :)
utmommy said…
I love the middle one too! I would love it as a skirt. If only I could sew:(
nikko said…
Second picture, top sheet -- I have two pillowcases to match if you ever need them.

And the middle sheet -- we slept on these when we were little! I'm sure my mom still has them. Probably a little threadbare after 30 years. :o)
Philigry said…
oh, i love vintage sheets! I was just looking at mine today!
heidi said…
oh my goodness! that is crazy and i am ever so jealous!
Katie said…
Having "Lera-Blog-Withdrawal"! Where are you??

Love, Katie

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair