Five

A beautiful girl in our house turns five today. And her gift of the day? Fifth disease. How's that for poetic justice? She woke up with the happiest attitude and the rosiest cheeks. One look at her and I knew. This is our first case of this virus. And it happens to the girl on her fifth birthday.

We had a little birthday tea party for her yesterday with her girl cousins. I surely hope that we didn't contaminate anyone before her symptoms appeared this morning. (She never had a fever or any signs of being sick.)


And here is the thrifted china I found back in the spring/summer. I figured she's want another tea party like last year.

I love you, my girl. I hope your cheeks come back to normal color soon. Have the happiest birthday, my little love.

Comments

Brenda said…
Happy Birthday you beautiful girl. Sure hope she gets better soon. My grandkids has had this before.
Anonymous said…
GIRL.....Happy Birthday!!
nikko said…
She's such a cutie. Even with rosy cheeks! Have a great day, Spenser!
nikki said…
Happy Birthday Spenser!
Katie said…
Poor Spenser, maybe the #5 isn't lucky for her...she's the 5th child, turned 5 and now Fifth's disease! Happy Birthday pretty Girl!! Love, Aunt Katie
christine said…
happy birthday spenser!
FinnyKnits said…
Happy Birthday, Beautiful! At least she wears those rosy cheeks well :)
Marty said…
Yep, that's one of those
"catch you by surprise" childhood diseases. Hope she's better soon.
julie said…
So cute, though, with those rosie cheeks!

We had a fifth disease scandal at my daughters' school last year--a parent knew her kid had this and sent her to school anyway, into a classroom that had two pregnant women as teachers. Fifth disease is apparently not so great for pregnant women, although fortunately our two were fine. Whew!
Amanda Jean said…
What a sweet photo of your precious little girl!
Alicia A. said…
Oh sweetie. Sick on your big day.

I hope you had a great party! You look pretty, pink cheeks and all.
Kris said…
What an interesting name for that disease! I think we call it "slapface" here. Kind of a self explanitory name!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair