Halloween 2009

The kids went trick or treating on Saturday night. Taylor went with some friends from school. The other five went with our family friends.

Taylor was something. I'm not quite sure what. He wore that cape and carried a sword. Jackson and his friend, Lorenzo, were soldiers. Carter was a scuba diver. Kallie (family friend) was Scooby-Doo. Mason was a zombie. (He decided to forgo the white and black face paint he wore for our church's trunk or treat last week.) Spenser was a witch. And Sawyer was Peter Pan.

I only made a few of the costumes this year including:


Peter Pan. I took the easy route and used green craft felt. I found a red feather for his cap. He wore a pair of Spenser's brown leggings under the tunic. They were supposed to be green, but we didn't have green.

A witch. A store-bought black shirt with a black felt skirt (cut with a jaggedy hem) and an orange tulle "tutu" overskirt.


She really wanted to be a witch. I tried to talk her out of it.

And Carter the scuba diver. He wore black girls leggings, a hooded sweatshirt, flippers for his feet (cardboard covered in black electrical tape), and his oxygen tanks (two two-liter bottles of soda spray painted black). Carter wants to be a marine biologist, so this costume was perfect for him.

Joe and Kyle took the kids around and Kim and I handed out candy. And laughed. And ate candy. And laughed some more. There are a lot of funny people out on Halloween. And I don't just mean the kids.

Comments

Katie said…
I was wondering what the kids were!! I loved all the costumes! Peter Pan was adorable! Andy was Perry the Platypus from Disney's Phineas and Ferb. I'll send you pics soon. (My camera died right before trick or treating and so I have to dress him up again!!)
Love, Katie
Anonymous said…
stop....my stomach still hurts from all laughing
nikko said…
Love the Peter Pan and the Scuba Diver! What great costumes!
Amanda Jean said…
The scuba costume is wonderful!!!! A full sized cookie monster came through our neighborhood. ;)
spicyapplepie said…
fantastic costumes! what fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair