Grilled Ranch Bread


I just needed to share this excellent recipe. I first made this when I was pregnant with Taylor, fourteen years ago. (Yikes!) It was so good that Joe's best friend's wife (who was also pregnant) and I sat down and ate it all. Every few years I remember about this recipe and yesterday was one of those days. I served it with broccoli-cheese soup and used a Trader Joe's baguette.

Grilled Ranch Bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (1 ounce) packet dry ranch dressing mix (i.e., Hidden Valley Ranch)
2 loaves French bread or Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise

Cream the butter with the dressing mix; spread evenly on the bread halves. Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until golden and the butter begins to seep and bubble. Serve hot. Or eat the next morning as your breakfast. (Assuming there is any left. I hit the breakfast jackpot this morning.)

I did not follow the above recipe exactly. And looking at the proportions I only used one loaf of bread, about 3/4 of a stick of butter, and dumped the dry mix from the canister (thank you, wholesale club, for a large canister). I didn't measure. Mine was extra ranchy. Just how I like it. (I also put it in the oven at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes, instead of under the broiler. I was making this from memory, and well ... what can I say.)

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair