My Newest Shade


Years ago, I was all about lip color. One of my favorites was Clinique Buff. Then I stopped working to become a stay-at-home mom. It felt silly to me to wear lipstick and then smother my newborn baby's head with kisses. So, when the lipstick ran out, I didn't buy more. (I bought something else, but it's been too many years to recall what it was.)

I always need something on my lips. Anything, actually. Except I can't tolerate smells very well. (Thank you, two-and-a-half years of all-day morning sickness. You've changed my life forever.)

A few years ago I started a relationship with Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer. I tried a few colors, but they were far too dark for my pale complexion (not to mention I'm still a kissing-smothering mom), so I gave those to my Guatemalan sister-in-law. I used Champagne (pale pink) and Radiance (clear) mostly because they weren't overbearing. And I can live with the smell. In fact, I love the smell. And the tingling lips.

Last week I decided I needed a little color. I've been looking drained (and not just because I have been) and I have a televised council meeting approaching and I thought I could use a little "pop." So, in a quick trip to the store, I found the shade Peony. I just now realized it was a new shade. I probably wouldn't have bought it a month ago because I wasn't "there" yet. In my opinion, Peony reminds me of Clinique Buff. And it's cheaper. And smells better. And I can still smother kiss my children's faces.

Now I use my Champagne and Radiance for running.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair