Polka-Dotty Easter Duds

I finished sewing Easter clothes late Friday night. Here they are:

Sawyer's tie onesie with matching pants. The pants are cropped for spring and made from baby blue linen. They are adorned with a blue polka-dotted button and matching cuffs. By the end of the day, he had chocolate and cranberry sauce all over the back of him.

Spenser's Easter dress was the same pattern as last year. She had a purple polka-dotted dress with matching "panties" for underneath. I also made her a matching Easter bonnet (per Joe's request). It is a mailorder bonnet and is lined with the reverse fabric: deep purple with white polka dots.

The weather forecast was cold for Easter, so I thought Spenser might need a poncho to cover her arms. I made one from eyelet and trimmed it in pompom fringe. I cut a 27" square and (with Joe's help), figured out the size to cut the neck hole. Instead of turning under the neck's edges, I made eyelet bias tape and trimmed it.

Unfortunately, Spenser did not wear it. I accidentally put it in the back of our car and thought I left it at home until we were at my aunt's house and she was dressed in "egg-hunting" attire.

And matching blue polka dot ties for Joe, Taylor, Carter, Jackson, and Mason. They are made from cotton, not Joe's first choice for ties (he claims they are harder to tie). But where else can you find such cute, springy ties in five sizes? They had to be cotton. Again.

Spenser had quite a few pictures taken and was requesting "no more, please," which prompted a few more.

And this may be one of the few Easter photos with me. Or part of me. I made a skirt to match Spenser's dress. It is Simplicity 5505. Very simple. In fact, if you are new to sewing clothes and want to try a skirt, this is the pattern for you.

I think the skirt might be a little too long. I may need to fix that. I had thought of trimming the skirt with a deep-purple-with-white-polka-dot bias tape, but I realized it wouldn't match Spenser's dress (which was already finished before the deep purple fabric was purchased). We'll see. That still may happen when I shorten the skirt. I wore my new white shirt, too. Oh, and that purple button pendant.

This is one of the only "group" photos of the day. Well, I take that back. It was one of many we snapped before leaving for church. Sawyer wasn't very cooperative. This was one of the only photos that everyone was facing forward.

Comments

Anonymous said…
(love your green shoes! :)

nice work! my fave has got to be sawyer's pants - i love cropped pants on boys - and add linen and i'll swoon! :)
Karyn said…
Oh my goodness, you've been busy!!!! I love everything!
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful looking family- all matching too. I bet you were pleased with all your hard work.

Seriously love your green shoes too. I must must track down a pair on Ebay. I keep seeing blogs with green shoes. LOL I sooo do not have a green shoe thing.. well not really.

Spencer's Easter bonnet is so cute too.
misschris said…
I love your green shoes, too. ;)

This is all darling. I love Spenser's bonnet... and mom's matching skirt.

You've been a busy lady!
kira said…
That is such an adorable set of ties and outfits, you did a really great job! :)
Unknown said…
I dream of doing stuff like this... coordinating outfits. I don't know how you do it. You must sew into the wee hours of the morning to finish it all. Great job!!!
hooli said…
your shoes are to die for!
dig this chick said…
I actually thought of you on Sunday morning...that you and your kiddos were up and off to church and I was sure you were all decked in adorable attire that you had probably made after the kids went to bed the night before. Love it. The family photo is great.
Anonymous said…
Mason, love the boots dude! Looks like Taylor has his on too, can't see with the rest of you guys. That was definantly my style for a few years too...When you get into highschool and Mom pulls out the pictures for the girlfriends to look at, be sure those pictures come after the pictures of Mom and Dad before you guys were born!
Anonymous said…
all of its lovely, of course. my faves are the linen pants and the whole spencer outfit. cute.
Matchy matchy is too cute! I love the Easter bonnet.Munchkin would never let me put any hats or any of that sort on her.
melissa said…
What a beautiful collection of clothes. Your kids are so lucky to have a mom who sews so well! Did you make a tie for your husband?
Emily said…
Very very nice indeed! Spenser is so tiny! I did not realise that! You amaze me all the time! Actually I wasnt too sure what you will be sewing for the older boys in that poka dot fabric .... neckties look fab!
Julie said…
I love those dots! What a beautiful family you have!

http://www.onthedotcreations.typepad.com
Chara Michele said…
Sawyer looks like he wants his mom instead of his brothers & sister in that photo :)

Love the matching outfits! You must have been really busy trying to get all that sewn for Easter!
FinnyKnits said…
How did I know there'd be all manner of Easter craftiness going on over here? ;)

The family looks incredibly adorable as always and I love the bonnet! My mom would love that as I spent my blonde baby years always covered in bonnets.
Amanda Jean said…
oh, my, woman, you are ambitious! I love the poncho for Spenser. it's adorable. I like the couch photo of all of them in their duds. not an easy task to get a decent photo. i had a hard time with my 3.
Stacey said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey said…
This is alittle behind the curve...but all this stuff is great! You are fantastic!
And the green shoes....were did you find those?

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair