I quickly rummaged through my container of vintage sheets and found this one. It has perfect little lines of flowers running diagonally with hints of red, blue and yellow. It was "the one."
We left the house early Saturday morning (to go to a flea market and go geocaching), so it wasn't until after giving the kids baths on Saturday night that I actually had time to sew, although I
It is the same Simplicity 3835 we've come to know and love. I used the shirt top (with elastic) and the dress bottom. I added an extra 5 inches or so to the length to make sure it was long enough for my long legs. It hits right below my knee (although it looks longer in the photo). I sewed the back in one piece (on the fold) as I usually do, and sewed in the darts for the zipper-back dress and it fits. It wasn't hard to pull on and it gives the dress a more fitted appearance. Darts are good.
I was so happy with the dress that I had trouble falling asleep Saturday night (as I pondered other dresses in my future) and I awoke eagerly for church on Sunday morning (and that is a rare thing, as I am usually exhausted by Sunday morning). Last night I started on a new one for me and one for Spenser. She wants to match me so I better jump at the chance.