Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lovin' Lemons

Brown sugar lemonade. (I cheated and used lemon juice and the lemonade recipe on the back, but added brown sugar instead of white sugar, to taste.)


A lively, lovely lemon dress for my little lovely lady.

Lemon squares.

Crust:

1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Mix flour, butter, and sugar together with mixer. Be careful not to let mixture get too soft. Press into ungreased 8 x 8" pan, bringing crust 1/2" up side of pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.

Filling:

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. lemon juice

Beat all ingredients together until fluffy (about 3 minutes). Pour filling over hot crust. Bake for approximately 25 minutes. When cooled, dust with powdered sugar.

14 comments:

nikko said...

Brown sugar in lemonade? I would have never thought of that on my own. :o)

Thanks, now I have a craving for lemon squares!

miss chris said...

:) I'm all over the lemony goodness in this post. Sweet. Brown sugar? Have to try that variation.

{ L, I've got a question about 3835, too... which I'm pretty sure you can help me with... ;) }

Karyn said...

Love all the lemons!!! That lemon dress is SO CUTE!!!!

(took a break from painting JUST to comment on your post and to elminate any future grief from your or DianNe)

utmommy said...

I LOVE lemon squares.

I've never tried brown sugar lemonade, and now I want too!

Love the lovely little lemon dress.

Melanie said...

Your house must smell gorgeous with that lemony smell.

Well done for making a beauty out of that chair. When I was in a hotel in Dublin, all the bedroom furniture was painted black. It looked so good with the Georgian mustard walls. Ever since then I thought that black furniture looked good. Well done.

beki said...

mmmm, I love lemons!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Yummy! I love lemonade and lemon bars. The dress is too cute!

amandajean said...

i want to try every one of these! I have that fabric in my stash, so I could whip up a little shirt for my girl...that is if I could rip myself away from my quilts for a few minutes. :)

my husband loves lemon bars...I'll have to make a pan (or two) for him soon. thanks for sharing the recipe.

Heidijayhawk said...

i am loving the lemons! my fav right now in so so many ways.

LK said...

That lemonade sounds delicious! I will try it today.

Little Munchkins said...

My friend has a lemon tree and says I can get lemon from him anytime. I think I will have to after looking at that lemon slice. Yummy!

V & Co. said...

i loooooove the lemon dress! i just went to D.I. this last week and got some more sheets! i think i may just have to try a dress next!!! love the chair too!

cici said...

i've never heard of brown sugar lemonade.

cute cute dress! (do i smell 4-2-0-6?)

Randi said...

I just love lemon squares! They taste like summer to me!

The dress is so cute!