Knit Beanie

I have started and frogged this hat many a times since I started knitting earlier this year. I recently picked it back up, frogged it and was determined to get it right. It is the Chunky Knit Beanie and I loved the aesthetics of it from the beginning, but I just had a hard time making it.

I think what screwed me up is that the pattern calls for circular needles, but the actual instructions are written for straight needles. I think. Wait, please don't let me think about it anymore. I just can't do it.

Here is what I did: I used 16" size 15 circulars. I cast on 44 (the smaller size) because after starting the larger size, it was waaaaay too large for my head. 44 seems a little loose, but it's livable. Then I knit in stockinette for ten rows, then switched to garter for the rest of the hat. (The directions say to knit in garter for the first ten rows, then switch to stockinette, but the bottom of my hat rolled and it wasn't right. And it wasn't bumpy like it should be.) Since it was knitted in the round, I didn't have any seams to sew.

(I used leftover yarn from my cowl.)

Comments

Kris said…
Well I like it. A lot. A very nice finish!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair