Looped Scarflette


We've been snowbound. This statement actually makes me laugh out loud because it's soooo not like last year when we had four feet of snow in one week's time. We have just enough snow (and ice now) for schools to close. Again. The district called for a two-hour delay this morning, but with the supposed forecast, they closed school. I think there's a smidgen of ice out there, but I can't see it. There is absolutely no precipitation at the moment. From what I saw online, it will start back up in the middle of the night and be icy all over again. Which means tomorrow we could be looking at another day at home. I've come to learn you cannot trust weather predictions.

I'd rather have the snow.

Anyway, with this "snowboundness" I've been a little antsy. I found a cute pattern on etsy and had just enough scrap yarn to knit a Looped Scarflette. I'll say it was touch and go for a bit. I changed the pattern a wee bit (skipped the second loop) because I was seriously not sure I'd have enough yarn. I did. And I had about two feet of yarn left over at the end. Talk about calling it close.

If it warms up, I might run a few errands today. We have enough bread, milk, toilet paper and eggs, but I need brown yarn. Next on my list is this hat for Spenser. I guess in the meantime, I can finish sewing a spring jacket for the girl. I just need to attach one sleeve and do some finishing touches. Although there's no rush ...

By the way, do I look like Freddie???

Comments

Katie said…
You do NOT look like Fred!!!!!!

Otherwise, love the scarf and the hearts you hung up!

Love, Katie
Karyn said…
1. You do NOT look like Freddie.

2. You DO make me laugh.

3. The scarf is fantastic, I love the colour!

4. Spenser NEEDS that hat!!
Chara Michele said…
I love the colors, what a cute scarflette! :) (Good luck on the snowboundness, hopefully you won't have another snow day tomorrow! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair