Oh Say Can You See?

Can you see the flag? I barely can.
I'm just popping in to say Jumping Josephat!

We are in the midst of Snowmageddon Jr. This past Friday/Saturday we got 28" of snow. Last night we got another 12" and it's still snowing. We could have four feet of snow outside when it's all said and done. And that's a darn lot of snow.

Our poor little smokehouse is still standing firm with all the snow on top of it.


And our barn looks so far away with all that snow in between us. Those poor chicken girls. The first snow made their chicken run "roof" collapse and we haven't been able to fix it. They won't come outside anyway. They hate the snow.

The boys came home from school early on Friday (elementary was scheduled for a half-day, but they made it system wide when they heard the forecast) and haven't been to school all week. They've cancelled for Thursday and Friday already. And they are scheduled off for Monday and Tuesday because of Presidents Day and who knows what else.

It hasn't been bad. We've been keeping busy with crafts and baking and such. So all is well. Except my brain is mush.

Comments

FinnyKnits said…
Wow! Look at all that gorgeous snow!

Though I imagine it's getting a little hectic around the house...

Also, how did I not realize you had your own smokehouse?

I think we need a smokehouse.
MJ said…
OMG that is A LOT of snow! Very pretty though :) It sounds like you are all having a great time baking and sewing and the likes :)
nikko said…
That is a lot of beautiful snow! I must admit we are extremely jealous. I would love to live somewhere with that much snow. Ain't going to happen anytime soon, though.

Hope you all are staying busy and warm and dry. Hopefully all the sewing and crafting will de-mush your brain. Tee-hee!
Diane said…
Wow-ee. That's a tad more snow than I would know what to do with. Poor chickens.

Can't wait to see what comes out of all this *extra* crafting time ;)
beki said…
I've been thinking about you!! Stay warm :-)
Anonymous said…
Thats a lot of snow, we wimpy bunch in the UK fell apart over a mere 5" recently.

Enjoy!!!:)

Teresa UK
Amy Siegert said…
Yikers, that's a lot of snow! We haven't had that much in the Midwest, just enough to keep the road crews busy each week.
Times like this make me so thankful to be a stay-at-home-mom, right??
Unknown said…
Fellow Marylander here: TIRED OF SNOW. Holy snow batdude.
We are in Forest Hill and had 34 and 24 inches fall in less than a week. I have a 4 week old and thank heavens I have been healed up enough to be able to snow.
Ooph. My back.
And they are saying 6-12 more inches on Monday/Tuesday?
::whimperwhine::
o_O Is it Spring yet?
(PS...thanks for the great posts!)

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair