Hello again! I've been locked out again. For some reason, I have a difficult time logging in. It seems to never work while Joe is at work, but miraculously starts working when he's home (not very often). He must be my good luck charm. lol

I've been sewing a lot lately. I've now made another embroidered drawstring bag for Spenser, three for my oldest nieces, a curtain for our computer room door (which I don't think I really like), another bib (embroidered this one), a drawstring bag for myself, a Superman pillow for Mason, and a pair of pants for Spenser.

I haven't put my sewing machine away yet. I've had it less than a week, and I can't believe how much we've bonded! I haven't sewn anything today. In fact, I don't think I've even touched it today. We might be going through withdrawal. I better pay it a visit before long.

Carter had his regular 9:00 a.m. basketball game on Saturday. I think they lost. Joe wasn't there (he was working again) and I was trying to keep an eye on all the boys (Spenser was in her stroller). Mason kept running THROUGH the court to get to me. I thought for sure he was going to get pummeled. Somehow he escaped injury.

Taylor's game was at 4:15 p.m. and was about 35 minutes away. The boys played on the trampoline all afternoon, since it was 58 degrees. When it was time to go to Taylor's game, he said, "Are you sure you want to take me?" I think he was trying to get out of going and doing some reverse psychology on me. Of course I did not want to take him, but I cheerfully said, "Yes, you are part of a team and you have to go." He had a good pass in the game.

Jack woke up Saturday with both eyes flaming red with pinkeye. He said "my eyes automatically shut and I have lots of sleepy-men." Poor guy. Luckily we had some drops here from his last bout in August.

Mason and I bought some Superman fabric last week at Wal-Mart. I was very surprised they had some. One was just a print and the other was a pillow panel. I bought a little of each, and a pillow form. He had very large tears when the lady put the bolt away. He wanted the whole bolt of fabric! I washed the fabric and he was ecstatic running around using the fabric as a cape. I told him I was going to make a pillow out of it, but he really wasn't interested in it. On Thursday night, all four boys spent the night with Joe's mom and I sewed his pillow. He came home and was devestated! He said I ruined it. He tried to rip it apart. I sewed some buttonholes and buttons on it to keep it shut and put it on his bed. He later found it there and immediately fell in love with it. (Although, he is a little abusive with it and the buttonholes are getting stretched and everything. I bought some velcro to sew on...)

Coming up this week:

Tomorrow Jack has a "pajama party" and show-and-tell at pre-school. He's taking the pillow I sewed for him last week, because they are assigned the letters "P, Q, R & S."

Carter has to start working on his 100th-day project for 1st grade. He has gathered 100 Army men and has to turn them into a project. He wants to put mud down and make a battlefield. Thanks to his teacher for that idea. Cute, but a little messy! I hate that kind of stuff (and Joe has to work late again this week...)

Taylor has a Gifted & Talented project due this week. His teacher called me to explain the project to me. He has to write 2 paragraphs about an author's life and style of writing. Then he has to write a paragraph about what a sequel would be about. My goodness, that seems like a lot to ask from a 9-year-old. (Taylor said he's almost done anyway, as he's been working on it during school.)

I know I'll be sewing this week. If anyone has any suggestions of things I can make, let me know... (I'm going to make personalized drawstring bags for the nephews from blue ticking, but I have a lot of nephews!!! That will take a while.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair