My Littlest Love

I have a new little love this Valentine's Day:

And he's sick.

Things have been hectic. Joe was out of town Thursday through Sunday. Sawyer was sick since about then off and on. I thought he was getting better, but I was wrong. Joe had eye surgery on Monday (at Walter Reed Army Hospital) and had a followup appointment on Tuesday. A lady (a stranger) walked up to me on Tuesday to tell me that Sawyer was wheezing. Huh??? Really?????

When we came home yesterday, Spenser had strange discharge coming out of her ear, which reminded me of when my eardrum burst. We took her to the doctor, and they listened to Sawyer's breathing. He was wheezing and gave him a breathing treatment, then sent him for a chest x-ray, and then to the local emergency room for pnuemonia! He received another breathing treatment there and has to have them at home for the next few days. The pharmacy did not receive the faxed prescriptions from our doctor's office and the office was closed last night when I left the hospital. It's snowy and icy. The kids had a snow day yesterday and an "ice day" today (according to Mason, 4). Joe's eyes are killing him. And I feel like a bad mom for not knowing my littlest love was sick. I thought he was getting better. Happy Valentine's Day. I think mine's turning into a Crappy Valentine's Day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh no. :( Poor babies and mommy and daddy. I hope the day brightens up for you.
Hugs coming your way.
laura capello said…
oh, i hope the day gets better.

with so much going on, and with such little lungs i'm sure it's hard to determine the difference between "wheezing" and "normal breathing" anyway.
christy said…
so did spencer's ear drum burst? are she and sawyer both on meds? i hope they get better soon and joe's eyes start feeling better. we're just hanging out at home. i guess i'll have to go shovel snow when avery takes his nap.
Anonymous said…
poor family!
hugs to all - esp. the little guy!
Karyn said…
Oh dear. It does sound a little bit crappy. I hope everyone feels better, FAST!
African Kelli said…
Oh shoot! Well, I'm glad you caught it early and he is getting treatment. And I hope Joe's eyes are soon better. I wish I was closer and could help you out Lera!
Anonymous said…
Whoops! That Lori was me!
beki said…
Oh no, I hope your crappiness turns around soon.
I don't know if it makes you feel any better, but I can hardly tell when Alex is wheezing unless his breathing is really labored. Half the time when I think he is wheezing it turns out to be his sinuses. We're not doctors, ya know!
Me and Him said…
Oh I hope Sawyer, Spenser and Joe are all feeling better soon. I hope your Valentines Day improves.
Anonymous said…
The important thing is that once you knew, you had him taken care of! You're a good mom - anyone can tell that! And as for this being a bad Valentine's day? I think this day is really overrated. I didn't even remember it was valentine's day until after supper. :o)
Anonymous said…
Oh, i hope today is much, much better. Zane's eardrum burst when he was little like that. But no damage. Prayers to you sweet friend!
Anonymous said…
I hope your little one gets better soon! Don't worry about not knowing he was sick--it is really hard to tell when babies are that little!
Anonymous said…
Oh, hon- Hang in there. I hope they all feel better soon.
Anonymous said…
My heart goes out to you, you have a lot on your plate. When I saw that little dinosaur mask on your baby it brought back a flood of memories. We are all too familiar with that little mask (my son has asthma). Now my son uses it in his dress-up box. Don't beat yourself up, it is so hard to tell when a little one has breathing difficulties. I hope your daughters ears and Husbands eyes feel better soon. Sending you healthy thoughts and prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair