Flower Shirt


I have already publicly professed my love of white shirts. So, when the idea of flowers hit me it was coupled with another flower idea. I knew it would have to be in white. I am the kind of gal who wears white after Labor Day.

This was so very quick and simple. It's just a $5 long-sleeved shirt from Target (not even on sale). I took an old white tee and cut a strip off. Then I did a long basting stitch along one long edge of the strip and gathered the bobbin thread. It ruffled perfectly. Then I sewed the ruffle directly onto the shirt, in a circle, close to the basting stitch. Easy peasy. Done and done. How's that for simple and quick?

I wore it Thanksgiving Day and as soon as I removed my cardigan, my sister exclaimed, "I just bought a shirt like that!" And then she admitted she spent more than $5.

Comments

Brenda said…
So cute. Love it.
Amanda Jean said…
that is SO CUTE!!!! i love the flower. simple and sweet.
craftyclaire said…
I love all your embellishments, I'm totally inspired!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair