So, I'm a Liar, Part I

So, apparently, I lie. I should have known when I spoke the words, "I'm not much of a hat person," that it would come back to bite me in the butt. And, oh, it has.

You see, I love Spenser's cloches. (Is that how you pluralize cloche ?) Love them. And coveted them. And I thought that maybe, just maybe, I would like to wear one.

I found a gray yarn in a wool/bamboo blend and decided to go for it. I used the same pattern, just adapted it to fit my head. And when I finished, I loved it. So much so that I made another one for myself ...


in army-green wool. I wore one when we took the boys out for Scouting for Food, and the subsquent family birthday party, and basketball game. I wore it all day because I had a case of "hat head" after a few hours.*

But, no. I couldn't stop there. I made three more (in the gray wool/bamboo blend) for my three sisters' birthdays. This time I made the flower a little larger with three rows of petals.


I was late for one sister's birthday (January 1st), early for another (April 4th) and just in time for the other (March 23rd). I made sure each of them knew not to talk about the cloche to the others. Then, with each delivery, I texted them to let them know the secret was safe.

We're thinking we might take our picture together with our new hats this weekend.

*I recently read in one of my fitness magazines that, to avoid flattening your hair while wearing a hat, you should part your hair on the opposite side before you put the hat on your head. When you remove the hat, flip the hair back. (I did not have this information prior to my all-day hat adventure.)

Comments

Marty said…
Love the "hat hair" hint-wonder if it works for short hair? I haven't given Gracie her hat yet, it's for Easter and her birthday, but I showed it to her mom and she loved it!
nikko said…
It looks so good on you!
FinnyKnits said…
First - cute hat! I *am* a hat girl, so I'm about to...

Second - try that hat hint! If it works, you will have solved a big issue of mine.

Third - If that's the case, I'll love you even more!

Fourth - That wasn't meant to sound stalkery.
Emily said…
Looking good!
Diane said…
Love these hats! (Although, for myself, I'm completely over hats for a while now that my hair is growing in - yay!) These make me want to get back on the hat bandwagon.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair