Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Recipe

I received this recipe from my friend, Ginny, last night. We roasted chickens for the banquet and had some left over. She recommended this recipe to me, and I am recommending this recipe to you. (I do not know the origins of this recipe, other than from Ginny.)

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

2 T. butter
2 stalks celery, chopped
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. blue cheese dressing
12 oz. 4 oz. Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce (must be this brand -- I am very loyal to Frank) *
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
chopped, shredded baked chicken (I used one small fryer chicken), approx. 3-4 cups (?)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in large pan. Saute celery until soft. Add cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, and Frank's Red Hot Sauce and heat until melted and hot. Stirring often to mix cream cheese. Add chicken and 1/2 (4 oz.) cheddar cheese.

Place mixture into a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for 20 minutes and then add remaining cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and dip is bubbly hot.

Serve with celery stalks, tortilla chips, crackers, and/or bread.

Yummy!!!

*Edited 1/8/08: I made this for New Year's Eve and only used 4 oz. of hot sauce (it's all I had left). It was a nice spicy medium for my children. I would start at 4 oz. and work your way up. Originally the recipe given to me said 12 oz. Even though I like spicy, I think that was too much.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair