The Best Pie Ever

See this pie here? Well, it's the best pie ever. And I mean ev-er.

A few years ago a friend told me about the recipe she found on the back of her peanut butter chips. I immediately went to the store, bought the chips and made the pie. It is so very good that every time I make one, I make two. Once I gave the other one away. Other times I cut the extra one into slices, wrap the individual slices in foil, pop them in a gallon zippy bag and freeze them. When you're ready to eat a slice, just pop it in the microwave for a bit and voila! You have an awesome, warm, gooey slice of heaven on your plate.

So, without further ado, here is the recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. (It's like a cookie and a pie all in one! How can anyone resist it, I ask?)

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional*
1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust

1. Heat oven to 350°F.

2. Beat butter in medium bowl; add eggs and vanilla. Stir together sugar and flour; add to butter mixture. Stir in milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and nuts; pour into unbaked pie crust.

3. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool about 1 hour on wire rack; serve warm with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream, if desired. 8 to 10 servings.

To reheat: One slice at a time, microwave at HIGH (100%) 10 to 15 seconds.

*I personally do not recommend the nuts. This pie is meant to slide and glide down your throat with as little effort necessary. Adding nuts will guarantee you will have to take your time chewing and you will lose out on the instant gratification of it hitting your belly. But that's just my opinion.

Comments

Anonymous said…
it is soooooo YUMMY!!!!
nikko said…
Oh gosh. That looks truly dangerous!
FinnyKnits said…
That's the scariest most delicious thing I think I've ever encountered. I will have to come up with an occasion special enough to warrant making one. And then eating it all by myself.
Sarah said…
Well, I have one in the oven right now. LOL
Diane said…
This looks delicious... Why, oh why, did I see this recipe?! Can't. Resist. Peanut Butter.
Amanda Jean said…
my mouth is watering. i LOVED your disclaimer at the end. you are hilarious.
Amber said…
Oh my word! That looks delicious! I found you from a comment you left at Laeroport's post about "in the kitchen" with her granola bars! I made them! They are super easy and absolutely delicious. My family can't keep their hands off of them...nor can my company (we had visitors over who loved them, too). Oh...and I completely adore your tablecloth skirt, too!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair