Headbands

A few weeks ago I was on a real headband kick. One evening I whipped up two orchid headbands. A white one for my most beloved girl and a brown one for myself.

I bought a stem of fake orchids, disassembled them, put two together, sewed a few stitches to make them stay together, and then glued a button on the top (with Household Goop). And then I gooped the flower onto the headband. Easy peasy.

The next headband was a little different. I cut circles from different colors of jersey from old tees I've embellished (I used two tones of gray and black), folded them in half, sewed them together in the middle. Then I sewed a pink cultured pearl to the top.


Sometimes I have to fight the girl child to wear the headbands. It's not unusual for her to come along and snag the headband right off the top of my head. But that's a good thing ... right?

Comments

Autum said…
Love the headbands! Wait till you have to fight the girl child for clothes. I never know if I'll actually be able to find what I'm looking for in my closet or not. If it happens to be something cute and fairly new, it stands a pretty good chance of mysteriously ending up at Alyssa's house.
Risa RJ said…
Too cute...I love headbands.
Kris said…
Very pretty. No wonder you have to fight to wear them!
utmommy said…
So cute! That sounds like a project I can do!
Cindy Is Crafty said…
How pretty, Lera! She is becoming quite the little priss!
Myrnie said…
They turned out cute :) My girls and I do the same thing...although I admit I do it on purpose sometimes! The big girl will ignore a pretty clip for weeks, but as soon as she sees it in my hair "Mom, can I wear that please?" :)

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair