The Bird


Yesterday I had a few moments to craft and I took advantage of it. I made the bird from this book. He is made from red wool felt and my beloved white with red polka dots. I have been unable to find cotton stuffing locally (and even not locally), and I just can't justify the shipping costs to buy it online yet (almost as much for the stuffing as it is for the shipping). So I used polyfill. I know. It kind of negates the whole wool felt goodness.

I can see making more of these in the future using scraps. In fact, I already have them planned in my head.

(This morning my FIL took my boys to "Dads & Donuts." Joe is out of town and I really didn't want the boys to miss it. I sent my old camera with them. I can't wait to look through them.)

Comments

I love the title of your post. Cute bird!
Karyn said…
Your bird is great Lera!!
Anonymous said…
Love me some polka dots. Sweet litte bird. :)
Heidijayhawk said…
the bird is fab! i LOVE the white with red polka dots too!
Anonymous said…
felt/cotton/polyfill - looks great!
atet said…
Love that little bird. As for the polyfil vs. cotton? I've used both -- I think it depends on what I'm making. For something like that? I probably would go with the poly. I'm lucky enough that one of my local quilt shops occassionally carries it. As for getting some for yourself -- how close are you to Great Falls, Va.? I know your header says you're in Maryland, and some parts are awfully close to Va. Jinny Beyer's studio/retail shop is in Great Falls -- and I know she carries the cotton stuffing in her web store. Might be worth a look anyway...
Anonymous said…
BIRDS......????? why, i thought you didn't like birds? oh, yeah only the living ones!! ha ha
ME!
Brandy said…
Love that little bird! Red and polka dots are one of my FAVS! Just checking in after a long hiatus. And you've been busy as always!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair