Back in January, I made a batch of chocolate-coconut soap. I put the hot soap mixture into a 3" PVC pipe so I could have round bars. It wasn't my original idea, I read about it in a book and I followed all the directions on how to properly lubricate the pipe and cap it so the soap doesn't leak, etc. All was said and done.
When it came time to un-mold the soap, it would. not. budge. I'm talking not even a millimeter. I pounded the mold. Joe pounded the mold. Nothing.
It sat in my laundry room on top of my dryer for six months. I had all but forgotten about it. Sometimes my children would ask about the "creepy brown stuff in that pipe," and I would answer, "it's my soap and it's stuck." I never thought much more about it.
About two weeks ago, Joe decided it was time to try again. And, what do you know, it came out of the mold. It was still soft to the touch, and I think it was lye-heavy because we had some tingling sensations when we handled the chocolate log. This photo was taken right after it was un-molded and cut. It's been hanging out in my pink dresser curing. (I honestly thought it would have cured the six months it sat in the mold. I guess it was too insulated.) I don't know if it will be good or not after all this time. Only time will tell. I might wait another week or two before using it on my skin. It smells awesome though.
A year ago I bought a sandwich plate set/tea cup set for Spenser. When I bought it, it only had three cups, but four sandwich plates. I hoped that one day I would find a cup to make the set complete. Well, after more than a year, my wish came true. As I was thrifting one afternoon with Joe and the children, I stumbled upon not just one, but two matching cups. I only bought one (because they charged $2 for it and the whole set wasn't much more than that to begin with). I was a little hesitant at first, not sure if it would match. It's a perfect match. I'm so thrilled to have completed this little set. I knew it would eventually pay off.