So here they are. I hope I have them all. And if I don't, please email me post haste and I will add you. So without further delay ...
The Arte y pico award. This lovely award was given to me by Blondie of Blondie Speaks, Erica of Polka Dot Quilts, Rozi of Rozi ... The Artist, and Lisa of Lula Bells Daughter. Go check out their blogs. You won't be disappointed.
The Brilliante award. Yvonne of Little Munchkins and Charli of The Texas Mama graciously nominated me for this award. I'm ecstatic that someone would use "brilliant(e)" in the same sentence with me.
Thank you, ladies. I am so very honored and thrilled that little ol' me and my blog could possibly win anything. You inspire me.
I know I am supposed to tag other bloggers, but I think five apiece for each of the awards is overwhelming me at the moment.
Plus, I have been tagged with some memes, too. So here goes:
Melody of My Little Blue Cottage tagged me for the Tree of Happiness meme. I need to list six things that make me happy. I could do this very quickly and easily and say, "Taylor, Carter, Jackson, Mason, Spenser, and Sawyer," but that would kind of leave Joe out ...
- My family. I have the best family in the world. I'm most certain of it.
- My friends. I'm pretty sure I have the best friends in all of the world. And that includes all of you, my blogging friends.
- Ibuprofen and ice.
- My serger. I just wish I had more time to spend with it.
- School. I'll try anything if it will keep my boys from fighting with each other.
- Vintage Pyrex. (Did you need to ask?)
- A great thrifting find, like my pleater, for instance.
Melanie of jellybeanangel tagged me for The Meme of 7 songs:
"List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your Summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to".
- Somebody to Love (from the Ella Enchanted soundtrack, love that movie)
- Teach Your Children (Crosby, Stills and Nash)
- I Believe (Diamond Rio, a very sad, crying song that I listened to a lot last week)
- Together Forever (Michael McLean, another sad crying song)
- We Are Family (Sister Sledge, a song known to bring a few tears to my eyes as well)
- Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison, my boys sing it to my little brown-eyed girl)
- All I Really Need (The Wilkinsons, from the Country Goes Raffi cd. This cd is the only Raffi we listen to.)
I won't tag anyone for these memes, but I'd love to hear what songs you are into now and what is making you happy! Please share!
(Edited to add: I just realized I missed a meme from Jo-Anne. I will try to do that later in the week ... if I remember.)