Recap

Things rarely go slowly in this house. Thursday I enjoyed a Mothers Day brunch with Spenser (and Sawyer) at preschool. Thursday evening we attended Taylor's spring band concert. Friday I cleaned the house. Or attempted to clean it. It's dirty already. Saturday we bought plants for our garden and Taylor mowed the yard for his first time. (His maiden voyage. It was Joe's happy day.) And Saturday night Joe took Taylor, Carter, and Jackson to see the Orioles whip the Yankees' butts.

Someone at Joe's work had four box seat tickets and a parking pass for Saturday night's game and no one wanted to drive down from Pennsylvania to go. He offered the tickets to Joe and Joe graciously accepted. The boys had never been to a major league game before. (The tickets retailed for $75 each.) They loved it. And the funny thing is, the people from PA who didn't want to drive to MD for the game probably are closer to Baltimore than we are.

Sunday was low-key. After church we went to my parents' house for lunch.

And we ate too much ... (Chocolate-chip-cookie-dough cupcakes made by my brother's fiancee.)



And these are the grocery totes I appliqued for my mother. They may look very familiar. I wasn't feeling very crafty on Saturday night and was thinking more about getting on the treadmill when I put the kids to bed. (We also bought our moms yellow rose bushes.)

Election day is tomorrow so I went on a quick 2-mile campaign run this morning before the boys left for school.

Joe and the children gave me a gift certificate for a local spa for a deep-tissue massage and manicure and a dozen rainbow roses for Mothers Day. Joe thought I could use some time alone after the election. (What is time alone?? I'm not familiar with this concept.)

Comments

nikki said…
Scott is teaching Erik to cut the grass also. He's only cut the side yard so far.
Beegirl said…
Just came across your blog. You had me laughing right away with your "Trips to the School Nurse" sidebar. My mom was a school nurse for years. She still goes in from time to time when they need help. Thanks for the smile! Cute bags too...
Anonymous said…
Good luck with the election!
amy smart said…
Happy Belated Mothers Day, Lera. Good luck with the election tomorrow! (you never cease to amaze me.)
Amanda Jean said…
you are so funny. "things rarely go slowly in this house." i can relate a little bit. :) good for taylor for mowing for the first time! (i dream of that day when i have boys to mow for me!)

good luck with the election! i can't wait to hear the results.
jessica said…
good luck tomorrow!
Karyn said…
Those cupcakes look amazing!

And tomorrow is the election?!?!?!? Good luck Lera!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a fun weekend. Good luck on the election tomorrow!
dig this chick said…
Oh amazing you are! Steeling glances at placentas, appliqued totes, skirts cranked out at midnight, runs before school and and election.

*sending wonderful, loving thoughts your way from Montana tomorrow*
Marty said…
Good luck tomorrow-they need a resourceful multi-tasker like you!
Stacey said…
So excited to hear how it turned out...fill us in! I am sure the run calmed the nerves!
Bonus Mom said…
I can't wait to hear the Election results!!!
FinnyKnits said…
Happy Belated Mother's Day to one of the most dedicated moms I know. And I can't wait to hear how the run goes - good for you!
Cindy Is Crafty said…
That is a great pic of Spenser! Good luck with the election!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair