I Dig Pendants


I'm a pendant girl. I love to wear pendant necklaces. So, it was no surprise when I saw this photo in this Japanese book, that I was in love. I love the simplicity of the one on the right. Just a simple circle on a ribbon.

I was very surprised when, on a trip to the craft store yesterday for something entirely different, I came across some beautiful glass rings.

I found a three-pack (two frosted and one clear) for $4. I immediately thought about my book and snatched up a pack. I strung two on ribbon (one for me and one for Spenser who "needed" one) and one on leather cording. I used ribbon I had at home, but I'm really thinking I need new ribbon. The one on the right is a brown satin ribbon and a little too wide in my opinion.

I can't stop thinking about velvet ribbon. I think velvet ribbon would rock! Does anyone know where you can find velvet ribbon? (I didn't think to look in the craft store yesterday.)

Comments

Karyn said…
1. I didn't skim.

2. I think your pendants look really great! You're brilliant, as usual.
Jana Nielson said…
Very pretty!
nikko said…
Very nice. I'm sure velvet ribbon can't be too hard to find.

Very interesting about your mom's theory about the two month old babies and the sniffles. I wonder how long it will last?
Heidijayhawk said…
the pendants rock and i bet you may even be ableto score some velvet ribbon in the 75% piles at places that are still trying to get rid of christmas stuff!
Sarah and Jack said…
Actually, around here, velvet ribbon is surprisingly hard to find. None at Joann's, Hancocks, or Michaels. Martha has some that they might carry in Michaels, but it is pretty wide:

http://marthastewartcrafts.resultspage.com/search?w=velvet+ribbon
I know of an Australian site which sells ribbons. They have french velvet ribbons in black (and other colours) in 5mm and 9 mm widths.

I am happy to send some to you if you like. Just let me know.
hooli said…
i saw some yummy organza ribbon with velvet dots on it from may arts. they are hard to find in stores sometimes... try -- of all places -- archiver's.
Anonymous said…
oh, oh, oh.

i love circle too.

and the simpler the better.

i may have to do this!

and i did find some velvet ribbon at the thrift shop this winter...so it has been made!
Very cute and creative idea! I've seen velvet ribbon in the "cut by the yard" ribbon and trim section at Joann's.
Anonymous said…
I love velvet ribbon!!! I add to my stash every time I find some at Joanns (which is rare, for sure). I have bookmarked these for future use though:

http://www.mjtrim.com/Catalog/Category/160.aspx

http://www.onehundredwishes.com/ribbons.html

Good luck hunting! XO
Lana said…
very cute,what a great idea!
Anonymous said…
cute pendants.
try lesbonribbon.com
be warned,it is ribbon heaven!!
Those are super cute! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair