Soccer and Baby Lounge Pants

Almost everyone has been sick in our family some way this weekend. We had some belly aches, lots of runny noses, coughs, fevers, bloody noses, body aches, chills, and a pinkeye scare. I think we've covered it.

Thankfully Taylor and I (and Carter and Jack now) are fine. Joe is sick. Mason is still coughing. Spenser and Sawyer's fevers have broken, and we are now left with runny noses and the occasional cough. It's the cough and runny nose that are lingering forever.

Yesterday Taylor played at an indoor soccer tournament. It was his first time playing indoor soccer. In fact, it was the first time this "team" has ever played together. There were no practices beforehand. Even though they lost all four games, they played great. The teams they played against are traveling teams. Teams who have been playing and practicing together.

Indoor soccer is fierce and fast. 24-minute games. No half-times. Balls bounce off the walls and nets and the game doesn't pause. It was fun to watch. In the last five minutes of the last game, a ball ricocheted off the wall and hit Taylor in the side of the face. Ultimately he was fine, but it hurt. When the ball is bouncing off the walls, it's so unpredictable where it's going to go.

I'm just happy he had this opportunity to play. I think there might be another one on President's Day.On Saturday night I cut out a few things to sew. Some flannel "lounge pants" for Sawyer. With matching tops. Last night I sewed them up after the kids were in bed (and as Joe crashed on the sofa).
Appliqueing flannel is not an easy task. The flannel was peeling off the Wonder Under as I tried to stitch it on. The result was some bunchiness around one edge. The rectangle was worse than the circle. I always use a ballpoint/jersey sewing needle when appliqueing on onesies.

Comments

Karyn said…
Indoor soccer sounds pretty scary to me!! I'm glad Taylor had fun though :)

And...cute cute cute "lounge pants"! I love that owl flannel. Is it from Joann's???
Anonymous said…
i've seen indoor soccer - it is way fun. the lounge pants are super cute - he looks so snuggly in the flannel!
Anonymous said…
Aidin had her first soccer practice yesterday. Our little indoor season starts Feb 2. I somehow don't think it will be quite so fast paced with a bunch of first grade girls. :)
Lora said…
those pants and onesies are too cute. My Hubby used to play indoor soccer back in KY. It was fun to watch.
Katie Jean said…
Indoor soccer is crazy! It hardly seems like the same game as the outdoor one.

I love the lounge pants. I was trying to do a button hole on flannel yesterday and it was tricky!
slow panic said…
those outfits are to cute. you are inspiring me to get to my machine.
Anonymous said…
"the cough" seems to be lingering around here, too.

cute little outfits! where are you finding these long sleeve onesies? i can't find any in anything larger than 6 months (which my boy grew out of at about 4 months)
nikko said…
That space/alien flannel is too cute!

Hope everyone starts feeling better soon.
atet said…
Cute lounge pants and onesies. You might try some stabilizer on the back of the onesie. Flannel can be a bit of a pain sometimes -- but it might help if both surfaces were stabilized.
Amanda Jean said…
cute lounge pants and shirts...I would like those to come in my size. they look comfy!
Chara Michele said…
Love the outfits! I think I need that owl flannel, it is so cute! Can I ask where you found it?
Sonja said…
Flannel pants are the best. I almost wore mine to school the other day... good times.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair