Circle Skirt a.k.a. The Thanksgiving Skirt

Happy belated Thanksgiving! We had a great Thanksgiving holiday. Well, except the kids had off of school all week and they fought and made messes all over the house. I'd be lying if I said I was sad to see them leave for school this morning.

But even amidst the chaos, that is my life, last week, I had to make another Thanksgiving skirt. I always have grand plans, but then run out of time. Again this year, I made plans and waited until Wednesday to start (and finish) the skirt.

The fabric I chose was a no-brainer. A friend of mine found this fun vintage sheet at the thrift store and knew it would make a fab skirt. In fact, when it was in her cart someone asked her if she was going to make a skirt from it and she replied, "No, my friend will." And right she was! (I love that my friends and family know me well enough to know what I like ... and what I can make with it.)

I made a circle skirt. Which is very twirly.

Very twirly.

The skirt has a side zipper and a vintage button closure. And did I mention it's twirly?

Skirts from Thanksgivings past:
2009
2008 - Did I make one and it was undocumented?
2007

Comments

Kat said…
Neat! I didn't realize how twirly it was.You have really cool friends ;)
Brenda said…
I love the skirt. Your hair is really getting long. I love it too.
FinnyKnits said…
WOW! Ok. The cuteness is on overload with the shoes and that bag. If worn all together, people may faint in your presence.

Nicely done, twirly girl.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair