Last-Minute Gifting


Today is the last day for one of Jackson's teachers. She's a very nice lady who has decided to do a career change with the Department of Defense. Jackson had her last year in third grade and then she moved up to fourth grade this year. Taylor had her in third grade and in fifth grade when she taught fifth for a couple of years. (She missed teaching Carter.)

Last night before bed, Jackson reminded me that today was her last day. I knew he wanted to give her a gift, but I really couldn't think what to give her. I remembered I had some homemade soap and that's all I could come up with. (I was sleepy and ready for bed at 8:00.)

Then our dishwasher started to leak all over the kitchen floor. As Joe repaired the dishwasher, I decided to make her a rosette pin, just like the ones I made for my sisters last Christmas. I used a bit of jersey, tulle, and wool to make it and I love how it turned out. It's very dark and gray. A wonderful combination. I might need to make one for myself now. Don't you love when that happens?

Comments

lisa said…
Love the color combo and the simple tag on the soap. I'm sure she will love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair