A Clutch


An "Artsy Clutch" from the Bend-the-Rules Sewing book. Using leftover fabric from the skirt, I lined the inside and made a little flower (or tree or whatever it is, trying to match the design on the fabric) for the front. I found a navy blue vintage button for the closure.

This was a very simple sew. I think there will be more.

:::::::::

You're gonna love this. Last night a salesman came to the door to sell magazine subscriptions "for college." Joe, being a former Army recruiter, answered the door. The person starts off saying he is earning money for college, he's from Mississippi, etc., etc., Joe pipes in and says, "You need to earn money for college?" And then goes into his whole recruiting sales pitch . . . The guy nearly ran down the street trying to get away from Joe. (Of course, the guy says he'd rather live in Iraq than join the military. What's up with that?!?) It was hilarious!

Comments

Amanda Jean said…
LOVE the clutch.

and good for Joe! :)
Karyn said…
I love the matching clutch!!! What did you use for the loop closure???

Joe's awesome :)
nikko said…
The clutch turned out great! What a funny story about the salesman. :o)
beki said…
Great clutch, I've got to try one of these.
Your story is funny - I hate those magazine salesmen, even if they are college kids.
Anonymous said…
Hahahaha! Can Joe come answer my door sometime?
And the clutch - too cute, but how can you get away with only carrying such a tiny amount of stuff with a babe and toddler in tow?
Chara Michele said…
I love the clutch!

That is a hilarious story! :)
Heidijayhawk said…
the clutch. brilliant. joe. brilliant. what a man!
Cute clutch...

I laughed out loud when I read the part about the salesman. I would have loved to have been there to see that! :)
laura capello said…
cute clutch! i need that book.

i heart joe.
Me and Him said…
Great clutch. It's on list for my weekend (Sunday/Monday).

I could use a Joe at my house!
FinnyKnits said…
Oh. That is good. Really good.

Tell me, is it any kind of felony to impersonate an Army recruiter?
Anonymous said…
That clutch is outstanding.

And that story made me laugh.
Brandy said…
Cute clutch! I love the flower and vintage button. I bet your husband is great at his job!
Mika said…
I love the clutch! Looks really cute with the skirt. I'm gonna have to tell my husband about Joe's "pitch" lol. We don't get salesmen out here cuz I live WAY in the boonies, but he'll get a kick out of it. Love those Army men!
kristin said…
amazed again.


: )

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair