Arrow of Light

Last night my eldest, Taylor, received his Webelo and Arrow of Light for Cub Scouts. It's a big deal for cubs. Taylor is now out of cubs and in the 11-year-old scouting program. Maybe that's why he is smiling?
Oh, now that's the Taylor I know. Hating his picture taken. Just like his mama.

Last night I busily worked on getting new patches sewn onto his uniform. Yes, that would mean that my sewing machine is working again. I had the machine unplugged all night and in the morning I wound a new bobbin. Then with all of my hot air, I blew away all (or most) of the felt fuzzies. It worked like a charm. Thanks for all of your suggestions. I appreciate your knowledge and expertise.

And, just another question: Have you ever used invisible thread before? I use it on all the boys cub scout and karate patches. I use regular, color-coordinated thread in the bobbin to match the uniform and the invisible thread for the needle. I am very impressed with it. It's a little bit like thin fishing line. Sometimes it's hard to tell if the needle is still threaded. Cool stuff.

Comments

nikko said…
Yay for Taylor!

I've never tried invisible thread. I guess I'll have to invest in some before my boys get into scouts. ;o) Glad your sewing machine is feeling better.
Karyn said…
Thank goodness your sewing machine is happy again!

And...way to go Taylor!!!!!!!!
Brandy said…
Congrats Taylor! So glad to hear that your machine is in good working order again.
Anonymous said…
congrats, taylor! (and lera, remind me of the invisible thread thing in a few years, okay?)
Anonymous said…
congrats to Taylor. You know, I've read somewhere else about the glories of invisible thread. I should probably get a spool to have on hand. Except, I probably won't be able to see it on my thread rack! (I know, poor attempt at humor)
Katie Jean said…
Congrats Taylor!!

I love invisible thread. I use it for finishing bindings on quilts.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations, Taylor! Way to go, you big Boy Scout!

Thank goodness the machine is working. I can't imagine (knock wood) what a bind I'd be in if my machine conked out at this time of year.

And my mom always used invisible thread on all our Boy Scout and Girl Scout badges/patches. And after 30+ years, those suckers are still sewn on. I have the patch jacket to prove it. :)
Sarah and Jack said…
I've been considering invisible thread so I can machine sew on quilt bindings. It's a little skeeery though. LOL
Mary Sarah said…
Congratulations to Taylor and I love his picture! Too cute! Nope, I've never used invisible thread. I'll have to give it a try!
Amanda Jean said…
I have used invisible thread. it works best when used in the top only. I found that out the hard way. It was nice when I was very insecure of my quilting (I thought it maybe showed fewer mistakes) and also when I didn't know which color of thread to use.
Anonymous said…
Congrats, kiddo! And you're looking awfully grown up and handsome in your uniform.
Me and Him said…
A smile from Taylor, yeah. Congratulations on the cub scout awards.
Anonymous said…
Congrats on your son making this. I still remember when I made that years back...and I still remember how proud...and relieved I was a couple of years ago when I got my Eagle.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair