Over a year ago I started sewing a pair of brown corduroy pants. They didn't turn out. Well, technically they turned out. I just hadn't lost all my pregnancy girth by the time I made them and they didn't fit. Frustrated I tossed them aside and vowed I would not try them on again until I knew I was back to my normal size.
Well, when I returned to my normal size, it was just about time for corduroy season to end and spring season to begin, so I left them in my WIP bucket. Until yesterday. It's finally corduroy season again, and I finished the pants.
To "finish" the pants, all I had to do was sew a casing for the drawstring, feed the drawstring through the casing, and hem them. Easy.
Because I wanted comfort, I used a pajama bottom pattern. They are super comfy. And honestly, now, they are a little too big.
Edited to add: I used McCalls pattern 4979.