Monday, October 23, 2006
A New Skirt
Here is the brown corduroy skirt I made on Saturday. I tried sewing French seams, which I'm not exactly sure if I was executing it properly. It was my first attempt at this technique.
Then I attempted the same technique on my pants (from PJ pattern). I guess I didn't allow enough extra seam allowance and they are a little snug around my thighs, hips and bottom. I can still put them on, they are just a little tighter than I prefer. I tried them before I sewed the drawstring casing and hemmed them. I was so disappointed that they didn't fit exactly how I had planned, so I stopped. I tried them on for Joe last night and he said they look fine, so I may go ahead and finish them ... some time.
(And last night I cut out some pieces to sew a new fall bag. I'll sew that when I finish my pants.)
photo courtesy of my son, Taylor.