My Cup Runneth Over

Yes. I have been blessed. Over and over and over again.

I have been deeply touched by your kindness. Thank you for your concerns regarding my recent bout with mastitis. I truly appreciate all of your comments. They have touched my soul.

Thankfully, with the use of antibiotics, I am feeling much, much better. Yesterday was the first day (since Monday) that I awoke fever-free and headache-free.

I have been blessed in so many ways since the baby was born, only 11 days ago.

My friends have been wonderful.

I have been blessed with seven (yes, 7) meals. My mother, Sandy (who co-hosted my baby shower), Lauren, Kim, and Amy brought dinners ... full meals including fattening desserts. My dear friend, Kathie not only brought a ton of food for lunch on Monday (my first day of feeling terrible), but she vacuumed my floors and mopped my kitchen floor! (And, yes, I am feeling bad that she did that job, but she was insistent!) And my mother brought lunch for me and the children (and drugs -- for me, not the kids) on Tuesday. We've had so much food, that we had leftovers for dinner last night and still have some food left! And offers of help and still been coming in!

Friends have visited me with Whatchamacallits; tiny Army hat; a pink handknit scarf; a true U.S.-style baby bunting (a.k.a. snowsuit); flowers and a stuffed frog (which has been kidnapped by older siblings); a scrapbook and baby boy stickers; a baby book; and baby outfits just to name a few.





And then I received a yummy little package from Shirley at Warm Fuzzies. The chocolate is actually a bookmark! How cute is that? And the little spider web earrings. Completely adorable! I love, love, love Halloween! (You may want to look at her blog to see better photos.)

I stumbled upon Shirley's blog through Craftster. I saw an adorable mouse pin cushion, with a link to her blog. Shirley is incredibly talented. She illustrates, knits and crochets, sews, cooks, and (new to me) makes jewelry! You have to browse through her blog. It is amazing.

Thanks, again, Shirley! I love them.



Comments

Heather said…
Glad you're feeling better.
laura capello said…
I'm so glad you're getting help!

The hardest part of having a wee little one is getting dinner on the table and keeping the floors clean.

And I'm glad to hear you are feeling better too! Yay, Lera!
beki said…
I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better. I can't imagine anything worse than trying to take car of a newborn, your older kids, and yourself when you feel like crap. And yes, you are blessed to have so many wonderful people in your life to help you out. Good for you for taking advantage of that (sometimes accepting that help is the hardest part)!
Anonymous said…
What blessings - to have help and to feel better and to be surrounded by your beautiful family. I'm so glad. Kiss that baby for me!
Anonymous said…
So glad that you're feeling better! If you need to carpool for soccer,you'd better let me know!
African Kelli said…
yay! So good that your friends and family are stepping up when they are most needed.
Anonymous said…
I am so glad you are feeling better. you are a strong woman. I don't see how you do it. But, you do and you rock at it.
Aren't friends wonderful. Especially those that will cook and clean for you. We have to take care of each other. My little one, don't tell him I called him that, is home early from school... in his bed, watching his favorite movie of all time, relishing the attention he is getting... must go check on the patient. Really, so glad you are better, welcome back to the land of the living!
Anonymous said…
Lera,

Good for you for having awesome friends who really step up to the plate and offer you a helping hand when you need one! You are truly blessed. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Btw, you were way too generous with your words about me, but I'm happy you like everything! Thanks for taking such lovely pictures of what I sent you.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair