Friday, August 31, 2007

WIPs

I have a bunch of WIPs (Works in Progress). In fact, I have so many, it warranted a container purchase to store them all. It's not a giant container, but it is a little overwhelming at times. I don't know why I keep starting new projects when I have older ones waiting to be finished. I even think I've heard, "Lera, finish me, pleeeeeeeeeease," coming from the box.

Some projects are older. Like the brown corduroy pants I started after Sawyer was born. I started them in October. And they didn't fit. So I left them. Unfinished. I think it's high time to finish them. Or I could put it off until the weather is a little cooler ... (It's a slippery slope, I tell ya.)

And the Strawberry Shortcake backpack I started for Spenser during a snow storm. Yep. Still waiting, too.

And the pile of totes (one from leftover fabric of my black and white skirt and bib). And the shirt (I don't think I ever blogged I was making that one. Does it still count?). And the short-sleeved jacket. And the monster trees waiting to me made into something. And the shirts to be appliqued. And all the mending. Or at least some of the mending.

I think the oldest WIP is the pants, although I could be wrong. They've been waiting almost a year. How about you? How old is your oldest WIP?

11 comments:

laeroport said...

Well, let's see. How old is Aidin? Um, yeah, six.

And the other day we found the crib bumper that I started for Eliot. He's been out of the crib for a year and a half.

christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
christy said...

9 plus years but i finally threw them out since the interest in them was long gone.

Sarah and Jack said...

Umm, don't hate me, but I don't have any other than the quilt I am currently working on. (Which would be finished by the sewing machine is still awaiting a bobbin shuttle.)

If I don't finish a project for some reason, I toss it. But that is pretty rare.

nikko said...

Oh my, we won't go there. I have a size 6 month old baby boys shirt cut out for my K, who will be 5 next week.

I also have several pieced quilt squares from at least that long, and a maternity jumper cut out from when I was pregnant with P (now 18 months).

And... that's just the tip of the iceberg. There are too many to list!

amandajean said...

my oldest WIP is my Zach who will be 7 in a week. ;)

my longest craft WIP is a quilt (twin size) that took about 4.5 years.

Wendy said...

I started a cute little thing that was kind of a long shirt that was almost a dress and had pants to match. I did this for my daughter when she was in preschool. She's now 8.

After about a year, I realized that I needed to find someone else to make it for.

Heidijayhawk said...

hmmmmmmm. if you count fabric that has been purchased for a specific reason, pinned and then never touched again? i would have to go with about a year and a half.

Jessica said...

I'm pretty good and finishing something once I started. My rule is that I cannot buy more fabric until the projet is completed. I just finished my Chicken Quilt top, so I went and bought a fat quarter set for my next quilt. There is so much fabric I want that it help me in finishing a project- that's weird huh!?!

Little Munchkins said...

I have one quilt that is waiting to be finished. Maybe about 2 weeks since I last did anything to it.

TinkerBlue said...

Fabric Christmas trees that I started for last Christmas.

No wait....a tree skirt that I started when we still rented a house. We moved out in 2000. So that's my oldest WIP. It's 7 years old. Mmmmm maybe I should finish it this year.