Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Swing Swing Smock: Take Two

One smock is simply not enough. At least in Spenser's wardrobe. After my first attempt, I knew there would be more in our future. Especially since I had the pattern appropriately enlarged at the copy shop. So this smock is Take Two.

I found the fabric at the thrift store back in the spring (?) when the kids were still in school. It was being disguised as a tablecloth, but it was really just two strips of fabric sewn together. It was a challenge to find a spot that was large enough that wasn't stained.


I used "apricot" bias tape. I would have used a brighter orange, but that was the only shade available.


I sewed it Friday. She likes to wear it. She wore it some on Friday. Then on Saturday. And Sunday after church. And then again on Monday. And she's such a ham, isn't she?

Stay tuned for Take Three.

13 comments:

Karyn said...

No wonder she likes to wear it, it's gorgeous, almost as gorgeous as she is!!!!!!!

Alicia A. said...

The back view is wonderful! What a stylish girl.

Heide said...

I want to make that smock too, for my 1-yr-old, but I can't figure out how to enlarge it for the pattern... If you take it to a copy shop will they enlarge onto one huge piece of paper??

Sarah and Jack said...

I think apricot is the perfect color.

beki said...

I think your apricot bias trip is perfect! Very cute ;-)

capello said...

isn't it awesome when they keep wearing it and wearing it and wearing it though?

laeroport said...

I'd say that is a sewing success if she has worn it four days running. Great job, my friend.

Lora said...

What a little cheeser!!! She's so cute!! Love the smock!! Awesome

Kathy said...

So adorable! Almost makes me want to have a girl:)

I think it's the colors that make it so fab looking. And, of course, the model!

dig this chick said...

adorable. I want to wear a smock! She is a ham for sure!

madmommy said...

Don't you wish we could wear these as adults? So cute. I think I need to make some for my friend's kindergarten class.

amandajean said...

what a cutie patootie!!!

love the smock. I need to try one of those someday, too.

nikko said...

Cute, cute! I *so* need a girl to sew for.