Five

Happy birthday, Mason! You're finally 5 !

Thank you for wishing Mason a good birthday party. I think I've unofficially been blacklisted for holding birthday parties.

First, Spenser (who has been coughing off and on for a week or so) coughed so much she threw up ... during lunch. I think most of the kids had left the table by then. If not, there was probably a quick exodus. (I was too busy closing my eyes and turning my head. Seriously.)

Then, the children went outside to play and two of the children were stung by a crazed bee. One poor little boy was stung on the tip of his nose and on his temple. One sweet little girl was stung on her cheek. I felt terrible for the terrified children. When I screamed for them to come inside, they nearly trampled one another to get inside. There were a lot of tears. Of course, I don't keep calm in such incidents, so I'm sure an adult yelling at the top of her lungs in a shrill voice did not help the situation.

Other than that, the party was great!

Comments

laura capello said…
wow. just think of all the great stories this will lead to in 20 years. okay?
Anonymous said…
I LOVE IT!

"Other than that the party was great"

HAHAHA! What an optimist! Gotta love that optimistic ending to a rather horrible (and only *slightly* gross) post. Not your writing- the day. I'd have ran away.
Jen said…
Your party was great! I know my kids will never forget it! :-) (Especially Madi!)


Happy Birthday Mason!
Anonymous said…
it is always an adventure when we come to your house. We love being with you and your family, even if you do breed crazed bees!!! HA HA

Happy Birthday MAY MAY!!!!
Anonymous said…
wow. a day to remember, for sure!

that is hilarious.
kristin said…
oh, this had me chuckling...way to go for trying...and getting it done!
Anonymous said…
Oh, man. I hope you gave them cake. And you bought the GOOD ice cream. ;)
Heidijayhawk said…
oh man. parker turns five next month. i'm praying for dead bees by then. wow.
randi said…
Oh gosh, that sounds crazy! I agree with capello--this will be one to remember!
Katie Jean said…
ahh that must have been some party! Very memorable at the least. Sounds like everything else went smoothly though ;)
beki said…
Oh my gosh, what a party!
Amanda Jean said…
what a party!

Mason looks great in his little 5 shirt.
Me and Him said…
but they wont remember the bees and the throwing up next year. They will all be back, there were cupcakes and pencil rolls.
Berber said…
Happy birthday, Mason!!
I love his shirt! And all the pencil rolls... wow!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair