Taking Time to Craft

For the past two days (during baby's nap times), I've been cleaning a little here and there. With Mason's birthday party fast approaching, I thought I'd tidy some.

In the middle of cleaning yesterday, I stopped and took some time to craft. I have a to-do list as long as my arm and this is just one of the things I hoped to have finished for his birthday. Beki did it and Kirsten did it. It was time I did it.

Mason has always been obsessed with his age (starting since he was 3) and the letter "M." These shirts are just perfect for him. I found the t-shirts on clearance at Target -- the set of two for less than $2. They were with the boys undershirts in a bag. (The one on the left is actually bright orange. The picture doesn't do it justice.)


This morning baby was awake early to nurse and after he went back to sleep, I decided to get to work on the pencil rolls. The most tedious step has been done: all the pencil dividers have been sewn. Now I just need to finish assembling them. I'm feeling a little more optimistic now. And I might just be able to work on another idea I've been brewing. A "Happy Birthday" bunting. We'll see...

(Kim, if you want to email me I'll give you more information on making the pencil rolls. My email is on my sidebar.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
way cute shirts, lera!
laura capello said…
love those shirts!
nikko said…
Great looking shirts!
Karyn said…
Those shirts are way too cute Lera!!

And....the pencil rolls "be still my heart" they are so cute!!!
Anonymous said…
CUTE t-shirts.

And my husband e-mailed me this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130144061675 this morning and it made me giggle and think of you.
Heidijayhawk said…
the shirts and pencil rools are awesome! way to go!! i need to CLEAN!!! nah. crafting is way more fun!
jessica said…
Looks like this guy is going to have a great birthday!
Me and Him said…
cute shirts. You know you'll have to make a new one every year now. Or in your case, 6 new ones every year now.
Anonymous said…
And now I just did it! We have a birthday for a 4 year-old coming up so I put a big 4 on a T-shirt. So simple, so sweet. AND I know he's going to love it. :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair