Place Mats


Yesterday was one of those days. Joe's out of town. The boys have a lot of extra energy. The baby doesn't want me out of his sight. Spenser needs to go to the bathroom 90 million times and wants my help even though she can do it herself (I think she wants company). That kind of day.

When I put Sawyer down for his afternoon nap and Spenser was occupied watching Curious George on PBS, I walked ran to the sewing machine for a few minutes of peace, I mean alone sewing time. I didn't have much time. I didn't have a chance to plan. I remembered my stack of Martha Stewart kitchen towels that I bought a year ago for totes and waist aprons that I never made. (I did use them for dish towel aprons, though, for gifts.) Then I remembered this post about kitchen towel place mats. It was the perfect, quick sewing break that I needed.

In not much time and from four towels I was able to make eight place mats. That's my kind of crafting.

Comments

Karyn said…
You are brilliant :)
Anonymous said…
i love the bright pink and flowers.
Anonymous said…
Yea! Perfect sanity saver - and untilitarian to boot!
laura capello said…
goodness lady, i need some of your motivation.
Anonymous said…
very cute - i've been thinking about these, too - do you think you'll have to iron them? let me know how they work out!
Amanda Jean said…
these placemats are great. I love the pink.

I have been having one of "those" days every day this week. (my hubby is out of town, too.) It sure isn't easy. My daughter is getting 4 molars. And I am cranky. I thought I would get a chance to sew a lot this week...couldn't have been more wrong. Maybe tomorrow? Hang in there...you are not alone. :)
nikko said…
Cute cute cute. I wish my current project was as simple. I'm making a shirt for myself and it's been eons since I've sewn clothes for myself!
Heidijayhawk said…
those are on my list as well. keep the peace lady!!
Joanna said…
Good for you taking some time to do something for yourself when the kids are occupied. I usually end up doing dishes or some other cumbersome activity.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair