A Thanksgiving Dress

What started out to be a square-neck smock turned into a dress. Joe thought I should add sleeves. And so I did. And then I added ribbon for ties. And I think it's wrong.

And then I swapped out the zipper for a vintage button and modified it a bit. And it's all gaping and weird now.

And then I made her a matching ponytail holder because, you know, she is three and hates all things in her hair. Including this one. I just wasn't finished torturing myself.

And it all started because of this cute vintage pattern I found while thrifting a year ago.

(She did like the dress before I hemmed it, unlike at Halloween. After hemming, I tried to assess the damage and she wouldn't stop dancing around with it on. Maybe today she will stand still long enough so that I can figure it out.)

Comments

Karyn said…
I'm laughing. You are FUNNY!!!

First up, that dress is beyond cute. I love that fabric. And the ponytail holders are adorable (even though she won't wear them).
Katie Jean said…
oh it's so cute! I really love the fabric. That's one lucky girl.

I'm laughing at your torturing comment. Oh, one day she'll want everything you make ;) Can't wait to see pictures of it on!
Lori B said…
Adorable! Isn't it fun to have a live dress-up doll? Even when they aren't so easy to dress up?
Anonymous said…
cute little dress. and hair bobs. don't worry about the hairthings not getting used - pretty soon she'll be adding about 5 or 10 of them (or so) to her hair, all at once.
Amanda Jean said…
that is a cute dress! (and I have that fabric, too. it looks better at your house, though.)
nikko said…
Cute, cute, cute, even with the gaping-ness and the sleeves and the torture you went through.

Thanks for including the tutorial for the ponytail holders! Those are so great!

So, do you think she'll wear it tomorrow?
The dress is really cute and the fabric is just perfect.

My little girl used to take every hairtie or hairclip off her hair too but I just kept putting it back on. These days it stays on longer, in fact yesterday it only came off once. Persevere!
Beertje Zonn said…
Lovely dress!
Kind regards,

Sonnja, from the Netherlands
BEERTJE ZONN
Chara Michele said…
That dress is so cute! And I love the ponytail holders! I would wear that ponytail holder in my hair! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair