The Big Push


I am experiencing "The Big Push" right now. School starts on Tuesday and I am trying to cram everything into our last week at home together.

Good-bye, Summer's Remorse! You aren't hanging around here this week.

We had a great summer. We did more than I expected. I had less on our to-do list and just did what felt right at that time.


Last night we released our butterflies. Last summer I bought a butterfly habitat and then never ordered the caterpillars. (It was a total scheduling thing with vacation and school starting, etc.) This year I ordered ahead and had them arrive the week following our vacation, knowing in advance the metamorphosis would happen before school starts so no one would miss anything.


Just this week all five hatched. The habitat had been hanging from the light in our dining room and we would eat dinner with the fluttering above our heads. We had a lot of fun watching them this week during dinner. Last night as part of our family night, we set them free.

(I'm feeling good today. I got up early to go for a bike ride, but it was too dark. When I walked into the kitchen I realized my cherry butter from yesterday was ready to be canned, so I quickly took care of that while the sun came up. And then I biked ten miles ... and it's just 8:00 a.m. now.)

Ooh, also, yesterday we got THREE eggs! Woo-hoo!

Comments

nikki said…
You go! We're just getting up now! If you're biking 10 miles, you can bike to my house!
Amanda Jean said…
i know all about the big push. :) how fun to release the butterflies. what a great summer project for the kids. you are such a good momma!
Katie said…
Before 8am this morning...I woke up, got ready for work and got Andy ready...you already had a 1/2 day of work in!! You always amaze me!!

Love, your youngest sister (I feel like Dad!!)
hooli said…
productivity. i wonder what that's like.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair