Christmas Goodness

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...

On Friday I went to the post office to check my mail and I had a package. Yippee! Except, the post office was closed for lunch. Thinking it was only just some Christmas stuff from recent online shopping, I wasn't in a hurry to run back (I had to finish cleaning for Taylor's birthday sleepover). I was sorry I hadn't rushed back to the post office when I went Saturday morning and discovered, it wasn't Christmas gifts, but a wonderful package from Karyn.

It totally felt like Christmas to me. I can't even remember everything that she sent. There is so much. There's a sewing bag, zippers, a homemade vanilla bath bomb, a pyramid pouch, a covered notebook, Christmas cards, snowmen pencils for the kids (who are fighting over them) and other little doo-dads.

And you know she is totally a good friend when she sends:


additions to the boredom bucket! For someone who doesn't have any kids, she was right on with the stuff she sent. Oh my! (The kids haven't seen it yet! I'm waiting until Friday when they only have a half day of school and then are off until Jan. 2nd.) Christmas origami! Notebooks, stamps, stickers, paper doll kit. The goodness goes on.

Thank you, Karyn. You are so very generous! I can barely stand it!

Last night to add to our excitement, Santa stopped by on a fire engine to wave to the children. His helper brought some candy canes to our door. We thought we missed Santa this year, but he just made his town run last night.



This morning we lost our power. When I called the electric company, the estimated return of power was 11:30 a.m. (not too bad) ... December 19th. No. NO! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I nearly died. I could handle the 11:30 a.m. part. Not the two days part. Thankfully the power was restored a little bit ago, leaving us without power for only two hours. We had some leftover pancakes, so Joe put them on top of our gas fireplace to warm up. Spenser loved it.

Comments

christy said…
santa came by here on a firetruck too. i thought it was funny b/c i had not heard of that until i lived out near you in md. here he comes by on a sat morning though. glad you have power.
Chara Michele said…
Oh what a lovely package from Karyn! I bet you were pretty happy when your power came back on! (Maybe that was the idea of the power company, they figured people would be super grateful if they said it was going to take days instead of the couple hours that it was actually going to be:)
Karyn said…
You're very welcome, I hope you enjoy all the junk.

And..I can't see the photos, not that it matters, I know what I sent you. Maybe it's my stupid work computer, I'm not sure.
FinnyKnits said…
Fireman Santa? This I can get on board with.

:)
kirsten said…
holy cow, karyn rocks!
Amanda Jean said…
what a wonderful package from Karyn! I have a feeling that your bordem bucket will be visited a few times. I am already dreading parts of the christmas break.

glad to hear that your power is back on already. that could have been very interesting...
Lora said…
I have GOT to fix up a boredome bucket!! That is just the coolest idea ever!! Would be good for the week off between Christmas. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair