The Home Stretch

I'm trying to keep my head above water. Yesterday was a busy one. It started with the final, major gift wrapping session, candy making (toffee, fudge, and raspberry-chocolate truffles), spiced nuts making, and ended with a sore back.

I still have a few small gifts to package up for the teachers and the bus driver for tomorrow and make more truffles, peppermint bark, no-bake cookies and macaroons. I think that's it. My cookbook from last year is so very handy. All of my favorite recipes are right there. All bound together!


And, yes, to answer all of your questions, this is our family Christmas photo, mailed out in postcard style. Mason (orange shirt) is shivering.

(This morning was Joe's followup appointment with his surgeon. He seems to be healing very well. He is on convalescent leave for three more weeks.)

Comments

Karyn said…
You are killing me with the soap making Lera!!!

That photo is amazing and I'm so glad that Joe's doing well!
Katie Jean said…
aah I'm still trying to catch up on all the gift making. Instead I'm sitting here reading blogs. Grrr


I love that picture, they all look so cute and they're looking at the camera! Amazing!

Glad to hear Joe's doing well too.
nikko said…
I'm on a gift-wrapping marathon right now while the kiddos are at a playdate.

Shoot. I forgot all about teacher gifts. I had better think of something fast. LOL.
Heidijayhawk said…
glad to hear that joe is on the mend. can i please get a few more days before christmas? the new pic is fabulous by the way!
Amanda Jean said…
love the picture of your kiddies! they are so cute. glad to hear that Joe is doing well.
Alicia A. said…
Merry Christmas, you big beautiful family!!
Your kids are super cute! :) What a fun blog~

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair