Easter Dresses

It's nice to be back in this space after a little break. The boys had off of school for a few days and it's been a wild and hairy ride. They are all heading back today and I'm looking forward to some peaceful moments with only two at home.

About a week before Easter, it occurred to me that I had given no consideration to our Easter outfits. For the past two Easters I've made ties for all the boys in the family and dresses and skirts for the girls. I quickly whipped up two dresses (Simplicity 3835 and 4206) for me and the girl, but the ties, well ... they just didn't happen this year. Life got in the way and, sadly, my little Easter tradition did not make the cut. (Joe also informed me that he does not like to tie the cotton ties and that it was a pain in the butt to do so. Even for one day.)

The dresses are made from a Shabby Chic sheet that Karyn spotted while thrifting in Maryland last summer. We split the set and I put it aside for Easter. And then forgot about it. And now I see I had the sheet pre-destined for the boys' ties. Totally forgot about that one, too.

And no Easter outfit is complete without green shoes. (Actually, my black toenails, which I've yet to paint, were too ugly to expose with my pink shoes and I just didn't have energy to paint them.) But the dress has green in it.

* * * *

Oh, today is Sawyer's first post-op appointment. I am very happy to report that the doctor called (March 30th ::ahem::) and left a message that Sawyer's biopsy is fine. I didn't check my voicemail until April 7th ... I could have known so much earlier ... and stressed so much less ...

AND I forgot to report back that in February, the bank robber was caught and arrested. He was from a neighboring town.

Comments

nikko said…
My hubby says the ties made of cotton are a pain, too. Oh well.

The dresses are too cute. I'm hitting the thrift store today and hope to get some good stuff. Maybe you could send some of your karma my way? ;o)
Bonus Mom said…
I am so glad Sawyer got a good report! I was going to ask today, but thought I would check your blog first. Was his recovery speedy too? We have kept him in our prayers :)
Your dresses are adorable!
*we made the chocolate mustaches for Easter and they were a big hit! Thanks for sharing your source.
Karyn said…
DianNe has already e-mailed me about how embarassing we were outside the thrift store, divvying up the sheets. he he he

Cute dresses! Good news about Sawyer! And I'm glad the bad guy was caught!
randi said…
It is good to hear that your little guy is fine! No more worries for you and your hubs. Yeah!
Kris said…
What a terrific wrap-up post! I was wondering how Sawyer got on, and believe it or not I have even contemplated your robber! (I am so nosy!) Love the dresses!
Myrnie said…
So glad the biopsy is clear! The dresses turned out so cute :)
christy said…
glad to see you on here again! glad all is well. what will you do with all that energy in the house all summer?! looking cute!
Brenda said…
Love those cute dresses. I'm glad Sawyer is doing great.
misschris said…
Cute, cute!

I wore pink and green on Easter, too. ;)

Yay for the biopsy and the bank robber... good news all around!

xoxo
Jo-Anne said…
So glad to hear Sawyers biopsy was good. What a relief to you all!

The Easter dresses are adorable!
jessica said…
The dresses are so cute and I always love those green shoes - they look great with everything!
Stacey said…
Those green shoes....get me everytime! Love them...great dresses BTW!
Alicia A. said…
hoooray for little Sawyer.

you girls are adorable.
Amanda Jean said…
you two are so adorable in your Easter dresses!!!!!

my word verification is wowee. (hee hee.)

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair