WIP - Princess Style


Okay. Here is a glimpse of Spenser's princess dress. The one I haven't touched all week. The one she needs to wear Saturday night. It needs to be hemmed. That's all. I lost my mojo after she decided she didn't like it.

I need to make her a hat. Similar to this. I had planned on making it out of poster board until I saw this about craft foam. I just bought some this week. I really hate the way it feels. It freaks out my hands. It's too dry and smooshy or something. I don't know exactly.

I would like to cover it in pink lace (like her dress). I forgot to buy spray adhesive and I don't think I have any here. Do you think watered down craft paint would work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thread and fabric are my main medium. Yucky foam sheets and glue are not. (And the less I have to touch that stuff, the better.)

Just added: I forgot to tell you that Spenser fell down a flight of steps last night. She was trying to do it by herself in her cast and, well, couldn't. She wasn't hurt, luckily.

Comments

Karyn said…
I think the dress is really awesome Lera. I'm sure Spenser will "come around".
When I clicked on "this" (the link to the hat) it didn't work.
Have a great weekend! And good luck with the costume! :)
nikko said…
Hot glue is the only thing that will work for me with craft foam. Regular glue just peels off. But, I'm no expert so maybe someone else has a better idea.

I hear you with the loss of mojo. I haven't even started my boys' costumes yet. Sigh.
Anonymous said…
it looks so pink and poofy! does it have a sash?

i agree with the hot glue - and then you only have to do the top and bottom, probably.

good luck - you can totally hem that in no time!
Anonymous said…
I am surprised she doesn't like it- It's so pink and frilly and poofy!

Well, good luck finishing up and getting her in it. Have a great weekend!
randi said…
I am glad your gal is fine after her tumble!

The dress came out so cute and I am surprised she doesn't like it. Maybe by Saturday she will come around!
Sarah and Jack said…
I would be tempted to see if you could sew the fabric to the foam? Maybe with your old machine though. I am not sure I would take a chance with a nice machine, LOL.
christy said…
you could sew it on or just staple it on around the edges. hot glue sometimes melts the foam. maybe not if you're quick. if you sew it, use a big needle and big stitch length and if you have problems getting through put a piece of paper under it while sewing to get it to go through smoothly and sew slowly. of course you wouldn't be able to sew the cone together all the way to the top point, just the fabric to the foam.
i am making the holly hobbie costume for lidia. gotta finish today. our church party is tonight.
Anonymous said…
What a frothy pink bit of loveliness! C'mon Spenser! Be the priness! And I agree, fun foam is no fun. Glue never sticks to it properly. I don't know why it is so popular.

Good luck, and enjoy your trunk or treat this weekend!
Heidijayhawk said…
at what point is spenser just going to give you a heart attck? i LOVE the princess costume, hope you get your mojo back. and sorry for being such a slacker in the commenting department lately!
Anonymous said…
what doesn't she like about it? is there something you can "add" to make her come around? it's lovely, i think.
Amanda Jean said…
see, this is why I hate halloween. all the costumes and such are too much of a headache for me.

hope spenser comes around...it would be a shame to not use such a pretty princess dress.
I can't wait to see the finished dress. Glad to hear that she is fine too after falling down the flight of stairs.
utmommy said…
I'm jealous. You always have the cutest projects!

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair