Has it been a year already? Can I really be 38? Man, time flies when you get old!
For my birthday, I decided to make another list of things you might not know about me. I hope I don't bore you too much.
1. It snowed on my 10th birthday.
2. School let out early that day.
3. I got a sewing box for my birthday (for cross stitching).
4. I am related to Amelia Earhart (father’s side).
5. I am related to Princess Diana (mother’s side). Seriously. Can’t you see the resemblance? Not serious.
6. If someone would have told me 25 years ago I was going to marry Joe, I would have laughed hysterically.
7. I don’t like it when things stick to my feet.
8. I love to glide across my clean kitchen floor.
9. People say I laugh like my mother.
10. When I was younger, I might have been insulted.
11. Now that I’m a mother, I think it is a compliment.
12. People have said the same thing about the way I talk.
13. The other night Joe said I looked like my mother.
14. I don’t see a resemblance.
15. My family sometimes calls me “Laurie.”
16. I don’t like to be called that.
17. If you call me by that name, I probably won’t respond.
18. I’m the only one in my family (Joe and the kids) born in an odd year.
19. I guess I’m an oddball.
20. I hate to inconvenience people.
21. If someone offers me help, I usually decline because of it.
22. Sometimes I wish I could change that about myself.
23. I weigh less than my driver’s license states.
24. And my military ID card.
25. I think I am about 5’ 9” tall.
26. I used to hate being tall.
27. I used to tell people I was 5’ 8 ¾”.
28. Now I tell people I am 5’ 9”.
29. I wear size 9 shoe.
30. My feet did not get any bigger with pregnancy.
31. Thank goodness.
32. I like to wear lip balm or something on my lips all the time.
33. Even if it’s clear.
34. Right now I love Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Radiance.
35. It’s clear and makes my lips tingle.
36. I like it a lot.
37. I don’t like dry skin on my hands.
38. I wash my hands a lot.
39. Please do not use my bath towels if you visit my house.
40. I’m very picky about them.
41. If you use my toothbrush, you will be asked to leave immediately.
42. Enough said.
43. Joe used one of my bath towels on Saturday.
44. I don’t think he will make that mistake again.
45. I hate to dust.
46. It’s a perpetual job with little benefits.
47. I love the smell of clean laundry.
48. I wish I could knit.
49. I tried the day before Sawyer was born.
50. I haven’t had much time since to really figure it out.
51. Joe told me I was old the other day.
52. He shouldn’t talk.
53. He is 364 days older than me.
54. I have long arms and legs.
55. My grandfather used to joke that I needed to carry a brick in my pocket so I wouldn’t blow away.
56. I’ve almost blown away.
57. I hate to speak in public.
58. I used to get red and blotchy on my neck.
59. I don’t know if that still happens.
60. I do know that I usually speak so fast no one can understand me.
61. I avoid it whenever I can.
62. I learned to sew a straight line at church.
63. My best friend, Kathie, also taught me to sew.
64. She taught me how to sew from patterns.
65. Our first project was a maternity outfit (1996).
66. I have known Kathie for about 33 years.
67. I’ve known her longer than I’ve known some of my younger siblings.
68. Many years ago, Kathie and I got into a fist fight in church (we were 11-ish).
69. Neither of us remember why.
70. Our friend’s grandmother broke it up.
71. We both remember that.
72. When I was a child, I tried to eat a cheese cracker with gum in my mouth.
73. The gum turned to mush.
74. The gum fell out of my mouth onto my chin and stuck.
75. I could not get the gum off my chin.
76. We were in the middle of a huge regional church meeting at the time.
77. I asked my mother for a tissue.
78. I tried to remove the gum with a tissue.
79. The tissue stuck to my face.
80. I looked like Santa Claus.
81. My mother made my older sister take me to the bathroom to clean up.
82. I was so embarrassed.
83. I will never, ever forget that.
84. My kids like that story.
85. When I was younger I was sitting on the kitchen trashcan rocking back and forth.
86. My mother told me to stop.
87. I didn’t.
88. The trashcan slid out from under me and I threw my hands up in the air to grab something.
89. I grabbed a pan of boiling water it poured all over me.
90. I was burned pretty badly.
91. I still have a scar.
92. My kids hate that story.
93. My knees get dislocated easily.
94. I don’t know why.
95. I’ve read three books for pleasure since my last birthday.
96. We have a sit-down dinner almost every night.
97. I hate humidity.
98. My bones creak and crack.
99. I’m getting old.
100. I am one lucky gal.
and 101. Any minute now I am expecting my friend, Kim, to call me laughing hysterically.
Don't I look like a girl Sawyer?