Is it ever


too early in the day to eat pumpkin roll? I think not.

Pumpkin Roll:

3 eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup pumpkin
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together. Grease and flour* cookie sheet with sides or jelly roll pan. Pour in mixture and add nuts, if desired. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle paper towel (or clean kitchen towel, I use a dedicated "pumpkin roll" flour sack towel) lined with powdered sugar and roll cake in towel. Let cool for 1/2 hour.

Beat together:

8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
4 T. butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Unroll cake roll and remove towel. Spread mixture on roll and roll up again. Refrigerate.

*Pam cooking spray with flour works wonders. I do not suggest Bakers Choice. It's crap.

Now ... what to do with the leftover pumpkin ... Suggestions?

Comments

Anonymous said…
i think i may make some today after i talk daughter to the doctors for pink eye! yuck!!! me:))
Anonymous said…
i can't spell....talk = take.
Brenda said…
I will be making this. thanks for the recipe
Diane said…
My sister-in-law brings this to my Mom's Thanksgiving dinner every year. It's yummy! How about pumpkin bread or pumpkin muffins or pumpkin cookies with that leftover pumpkin? They all sound good to me.
nikko said…
Yum. Yum. Yum.

My best friend and her family used to make these for people in the ward at Christmas time when we were growing up. Such warm fuzzy happy memories!
Diane said…
Looks delicious! Here's my suggestion for the leftover pumpkin... (it's kinda vague, but never fails) I take a scoop of cream cheese, 1/2 that scoop of pumpkin, a few drops of vanilla, some pumpkin spice and part of a packet of stevia (I can't do sugar). Mix. Enjoy on crackers... or whatever! It's a delicious little spread.
lisa said…
Pumpkin spiced latte!!!! I saw the recipe somewhere, and I'm going to make some. Maybe this weekend. I can't remember how much pumpkin you use, but if you interested I'll send you the recipe!

Wouldn't that be great with the roll? Yummmmmmmm
Samantha said…
Mmmmmm...
How about Apple Pumpkin Muffins? I've got a GREAT recipe if you'd like it!
Amanda Jean said…
i don't think i ever had pumpkin roll. it has to be good because of the cream cheese, if for no other reason.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair