Valentines - Part 1

I thought I would share some of our Valentines indulgences from this past week and weekend. On Friday (or one day late last week -- I'm having trouble keeping track of days lately) I made some heart butters for our Sunday pancake dinner.

I simply softened butter on the counter (real butter, by the way, no margarine in this house), then smeared it into some heart-shaped candy molds, and popped them in the freezer for a bit.

And then I put them in a lidded, vintage bowl and hid them in the fridge so the kids wouldn't see them.


And I pulled them out last night for our Sunday-night pancake dinner.

(Served with chocolate chip pancakes and the one and only King Syrup. This is a pantry staple in our area. It's awesome on cornbread. I thought I might die when we lived in Columbus, Ohio, and there was no King Syrup to be found. I had to personally import it.)

Did I mention that it's snowing again? 4-7 inches are in our forecast ...

Comments

misschris said…
like, like, like! You think of everything. :) xo
Karyn said…
OMG! So cute Lera!
nikko said…
So cute. I think I need some candy molds! :o)
Diane said…
So simple. So sweet. This is the stuff that kids will remember years from now.

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair