Violet! You're Turning Violet, Violet!



I think you can say the same thing about me. We just bought a 20-pound box of blueberries and I've eaten so many, I'm sure I'm going to turn into a giant blueberry.
20 pounds, you say? That's just for starters. It's really not as many as you'd think:



Last summer I bought three boxes! I still have some frozen in my freezer. I'm trying to be conservative this year, but I'm sure I'll be picking up another box next week.
Today Taylor's cub scout pack to a fieldtrip to Ft. McHenry in Baltimore. Joe took off from work so he could chaperone. I hadn't planned on going (because of all the children), but I decided if he was going to be there, we could do it together. And, boy, did it take the two of us to keep up with them. We just had all of our children.
All of the boys (the cub scouts and all the younger siblings) were running WILD! Most of the parents didn't even try to keep up, but I did. Joe had Spenser in the stroller and I walked as quickly as a pregnant woman can in 94-degree heat with sickening humidity. I was surprised how unsupervised most of the children were. I mean, it was difficult to keep up with them, but I tried the best I could and there were only 2 other adults with me.

Here is a view of the flag flying at Ft. McHenry:


This is a view of the harbor. See how hazy it was?!


And somewhere in this pack of boys are my boys (or some of them) walking on the wall overlooking the harbor. It was so bright and sunny, I couldn't see the LCD display, so I was just shooting pictures, hoping a few would turn out.




I tried to take some pictures of just my boys, but everytime I tried, all the boys of the pack jumped in the picture, so I gave up.

Tomorrow morning Brinda and I are taking the children bowling.

Comments

laura capello said…
Mmmmm... blueberries.

You can make anything with blueberries.

Blueberry pancakes!
Blueberry waffles!
Blueberry ice cream topper!
Blueberry smoothies!
Blueberry sorbet! (Darwin's favorite)
Blueberry ice cream!

And thousands more!

Hmmm... I think I need to come up with a savory blueberry dish...

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Swiffer WetJet Cloths

Thrifted Chair